1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finally making some time for a very special mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Matt, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

This is going to be a triple ped when it's all said and done. This is a tribute mount to my best friend I lost awhile back. One of the does is the last deer I shot with him. The other doe is my dad's first crossbow kill, and the buck is mine from last year . I am just trying to figure out where to put the ladies!(LOL) I would like some input on the positions and you can be honest! Nothing is set in stone, they are just wired right now. Any thoughts.

Attached Files:

2. you could have one of the doe's looking at the buck or chewing grass

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Maybe the doe on the right, looking closer to the same direction as the buck. imo. Leave the body, bend the neck, the doe forms are to much of the same sneak'ish, I would change the doe on the right into a different pose other than just a head turn. I would alter the one doe so the doe forms were very different.

4. I agree with T. Maybe rotate the doe on right so its looking right and up. Should be pretty nice.

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Actually Matt, when you let your thoughts roll you do some of the most beautiful Taxidermy I have ever seen a person create. I usually have suggestions, but on this one I think it's all you buddy.
    '
    You have the talent and ability and more than that, this piece is yours heart and soul. Just do it and let it roill :)

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input so far, keep it coming! This piece really means alot to me and I am in no hurry to get it done. What I was after so far is the doe on the right was going to be alert to something and the doe on the left is shifting to her attention. The buck's eyes will be rotated towards the doe on the right. Even though the does are completely different forms, I agree they are maybe too simular in pose. Thanks again guys.

7. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

I totally agree with Michael on this one Matt. Since this one is such a special piece it will come to you. You have lots of time to think on it.

8. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Joe Coombs has a beautiful Doe form ... it's a semi sneak, and her head is rotated up looking at the Buck. Mounts up real pretty! The Doe on his left shoulder would be nice in this pose. You can even twist/rotate her head on the form you have.
    https://www.joecoombs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_70_86&products_id=110&zenid=6vm1j73ogv8jplm6k9ke67sah1

John.

9. bwilke

bwilke Member

I think the positioning looks good Matt! Make sure the buck has a alert ears up postion and the does relaxed ears back (I'm sure you know that). Can't wait to see it done!

Brian

10. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I agree with MP also, and I can't wait to see them done.
    You do AMAZING work Matt. I don't think it matters what you do with them, they'll look great.

11. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

I can't wait to see them done.

x"s 3
    ohh sorry to here about your friend matt. :(

you will do him proud,god bless

12. I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product,You do very good work Matt! If it were me I would be inclined to have the doe on the right and the buck focused on the same thing or at least in the same direction.I am sure it will look great when its all finished up ,have fun.

13. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

How about having the doe on the right (top) turning and looking over the buck's back the same direction he is (or maybe even turning in front of his neck?), then have the doe on the left (bottom) as if she was grazing, but alerted and turning the same direction as the other two, neck still down, but head turned.

14. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Think vertically.
    Ralph

15. master of his domain

16. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

I cant not wait to c it after u have it done.

17. CNB

CNB New Member

PUT THEM IN THE BACK WHERE THEY BELONG !!!!....lol... just kiddin,just kiddin

18. man2hit

man2hit New Member

I like it ALOT the way you have it wired together now. I like how the buck is standing taller than the two does and how they all three are looking in different directions. Seems realistic to me that way cause that seems to be the way it is in the woods........they always seem to all be looking in different directions for danger.

19. mjsandt

mjsandt New Member

I see the buck looking to the right with an upright doe on his left shoulder looking over is back in the same direction, and the doe that is currently on his left shoulder moned to the right side looking around to the left under his head.