1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lynx mounts

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by fishertrack, Nov 27, 2010.

1. fishertrack

fishertrack New Member

I am tempted to start a lynx project. Any of you have some cool lynx mounts you could share pictures of?
    Thanks!

2. alexm

alexm New Member

Should look for some live pic's and make it the way you want !! just a thought .
    Alex M

3. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I agree live reference is better than mounts. If someone does something wrong your just copying it.
    But it is nice to see others work.

4. I'm with Alex and Redwolf, look a live reference and make up your own mind on how you want to do it.
    Use your imagination

5. fishertrack

fishertrack New Member

Alright, I will. The only thing is that there are very few forms to choose from.

6. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

fishertrack, you are absolutely correct, there are few forms out there and it's kind of nice to know what a finished product might look like. Just looking at a form in a catalog doesn't always give you a good idea of what the finished mount may look like, especially if pictures are taken from different angles.

7. double shovel

double shovel SilverWillowTaxidermy

here is one I did. Just a standard lynx form from WASCO and the fisher form was slightly altered to a turn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

D.S. that is a great mount , I like the action in the pose

9. fishertrack

fishertrack New Member

Agreed, thank you for sharing!