1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ken, what's up with this now?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Mr.T, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

An Error Has Occurred!
    The last posting from your IP was less than 50 seconds ago. Please try again later.

I wait, and wait, and still can not post messages.

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Re: ken, whats up with this now?

Man, Mr. T! This Forum seems to have it out to get you! ;)

I order to prevent people from making multiple posts, or flooding the forums, we have set a time limit of 50 seconds between submissions. Your last post before this one was made three minutes earlier, at 11:18:08 PM in " Re: need help with trail cam!"

If you tried to enter another post less than a minute later, you would get the error message. Since this message came less than three minutes later...

...the program seems to be working fine.

Actually, I just changed this feature earlier today. I originally had it set at 20 seconds, but I had to remove several multiple posts today made in rapid succession, so I decided to increase the time between posts to 50 seconds.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Thanks Ken, I was in my message box, conversing with a nother person, and not posting. I did make a post, but then went to my inbox to reply to an e-mail. And when I delete these e-mails, I get white screened with the blocking message. So I close out and come back in. And I see others are getting the same problems. I like the site, I just thought you would like to know whats going on.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php/board,2.0.html on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

5. Ken Edwards

Thanks, Mr. T. I have located your session in the error logs and now have more information. I will investigate this and see if I can figure out what is going on. I don't mean to make light of your problems, it just seems like you are getting most of the errors!

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

twice this moning, twice so far tonight

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php/board,3.0.html on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

7. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

T, I think it's the meds and operator failure. Either that or the evil flying computer monkeys I sent your way completed their mission. You know the ones, like the Wizard of Oz flying monkeys, except they're computer geeks with wings....... ;D

8. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

I got the 50 second message too, so, I went potty and it went away!!! LOL :eek:

Wolfie

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Crusty, out of all those monk emails I sent to everybody, I thought somebody would send one back at me ;). nobody did, my sides still hurt when ever I think about it. I got my brother good!

Any way, I get this error page way to often, and it is only on this site that I see it. Some times it happens just when I jump category's.

10. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

I'm still trying to think up something really evil........ ???

11. Ken Edwards

Mr.T,

We are investigating this problem and hope to have a solution soon.

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Thank you Ken, I will send you a Christmas card if you can fix it. ;)

13. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Check for the loose nut behind the keyboard! :eek:

14. Ken Edwards

Mr.T., after investigating your errors in the SMF technical forums, we have repaired some internal paths in the Forum themes directory, which hopefully will prevent some of the errors you were seeing. Please let me know if you continue to have problems or see these errors. Good luck!

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Thank you Ken!! I owe you some karma,,,now where did that button go? ;D

16. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

FORBIDDEN

I'm getting it about every 10th page change.....

I used to get it a lot.

Then not so much..

Now I'm getting it again. only a lot more often..

That really sounded bad didn't it.. (or good I guess, depending on how you look at it)

Jon~

17. Re: FORBIDDEN

Sounds like Jon is out of the doghouse :D ;)

18. JonHarleTX

okay, I'm getting the forbidden mssg about every 5 page clicks now..

Is this a work in progress as far as a resolution anytime soon?

Or do I just have to deal with it..

It isn't that big a deal, I just have to close out the browser and come back into it.

Jon

19. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Jon,
    I get it every once in awhile too. Hit BACK then try again, usually works for me.

Wolfwoman

20. JonHarleTX

back doesn't work for me. it will go back to the previous page, yes, but the next click of the mouse is Forbidden..

I have to back out of the browser completely and re open.

Jon~