1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ken, what's up with this now?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Mr.T, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Hmm, maybe each person's computer is different! Ken?

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I still get the warning everyday, I concider it as part of life now.

3. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Does this error show up only when you hit the "Back" button?

4. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

No, for me it just seems to show up when I go from place to place too fast, on occasion. Other than that I'm ok.

5. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

No.. generally only when moving from page to page normally.. Using the Back function will normally take you back to the previous page you were viewing, but still trying to move forward from there results in the forbidden mssg causeing me to close the window and reopen.

Thanks Ken!
    Jon

6. Ken Edwards

Jonathan,

The next time you get the "Forbidden" error, try hitting the "Refresh" or "Reload" button on your browser toolbar and let me know what happens.

Thanks.

7. JonHarleTX

I will do that..

FYI I also get this sometimes when I first open taxi.net. the homepage.

J

8. JonHarleTX

refreshing just gets the same forbidden mssg.

Thanks Ken,
    Jon

9. Ken Edwards

I have researched this problem and have implemented what I hope to be a fix as of Wednesday morning. Please let me know if the problem persists. Thanks.

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

ooops, again.

it just happened Ken, Wolf sent me a message, I deleted it, and then pressed the home button, and was "Forbidden". Glad it's just not me having this snag. And the refresh did not work or help, neither did the back button.

11. Ken Edwards

I saw your latest episode in the error log. I guess my earlier "fix" didn't work. I will keep trying to pinpoint the problem.

12. JonHarleTX

Ken I don't know if this helps you or not..

BUT..

I've noticed with astonishing accuracy that whenever I get the forbidden mssg.. that I have recieved an alert in my personal email inbox from Taxi.net.

I normally leave my email open and running all day..

So long as I have a NEW mssg from taxi net in the inbox.. I will continue to get the forbidden mssg if I try to use the refresh, or back, minimize the screen whatever..

As soon as I open the new email, I can then go back from the forbidden screen and then it will let me move forward..

I've tested my theory four times today, and each time I have gotten these results.

Jon~

13. Gunny

Gunny Old Timer

Hey T, maybe after you hurdle the 180 hour mark it will all go away.LMAO. Bro you got some hours on here.

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I stay logged on all the time Gunny, I work a while, set and rest, then go work some more. I cant stand for more then 15 minutes, then I got to set, so I keep an eye open here, then go back to work. The Doc says no work at all, but the wallet say go, and the body says no. I got two more months to kill before Phy Therapy.

15. Gunny

Gunny Old Timer

L 4-5? If it is I feel your pain. Got that one herniated myself.

16. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

not herniated anymore, L4-L5-S1 all fused together now. Traded three pains for one big double fusion. The meds help, I'm not one for meds, but in this case, I got to have em. When you going to get your fix? The day will come, it is inevitable, those disc don't get better on their own if you are over 40.

17. Ken Edwards

Jon,
    This helps enormously. Now I can pinpoint the cause of the problem and, hopefully, come up with a solution.

Mr. T,
    Can you confirm the same thing when your error occurs?

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Ken, it happens when I have read and deleted messages, and when returning back to the main forum is when I get white paged, or "Forbidden" message.

However, this morning when going from the Beginners to Gameheads, I got this,
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php/board,3.0.html on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

but hit the back button and got back to the Forum, normally, after the White Page warning I have to close the browser and start over.

19. Glen Conley

Glen Conley KARMA GOOSE R.I.P. 2006-2006

Ken, I'm running on a 5.99 gig, souped up 128 MB of Ram on IE 6.0. I've been getting the same kind of errors as these others have encountered, but they are no match for my mean machine and I get around them.

Here's what I've found, and I suspicion some browser incompatabilities.

The photos that I see download that are obviously progressives causes a default in my photo programs/browser when saved to disk. I am not finding consistencies in file extensions, other than a number of them showing up as Index. I then get:

Read Error
    The selected file is not a valid image file. The image could not be read.

The format options have been defaulted to Progressive.

By going into Photoshop and taking one of the offending images and doing a "save as" with the Format Option switched to Baseline Optimized, it restores my browser function.

20. Gunny

Gunny Old Timer

T, putting it off as long as possible. They gave me the fuse option. Just don't like being cut on.