1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Silicone solution

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Kurt27, Dec 2, 2010.

1. I have been using "SEAL N PEEL" made by DAP. You can get it had home depot for like $4.00 a tube. I have used it on the last 10 deer that ive done and havent had one yet that didnt peel off in one whole chunk. So those of you that are having troubles, and dont want to use latex i think this could be it.

2. Jeff.

Jeff. New Member

It sounds like it's got the "peel" down, now how well does it "seal?"

3. I found if you didnt let it dry for at least 24 hrs, you will be restaining burrs.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Does this peel off on it's own easily or did you have to use a releasing agent? Sounds cheaper than the latex and maybe a bit faster if it will work with one coat.

5. joshlw

joshlw New Member

What department at home depot and does lowes carry it

6. I just grab a hold of it down at the burrs and peel it off towards the top, no releasing agent needed. And it is in the section with all of the caulking and liquid nail. We do not have a Lowes in my town, but if they carry DAP silicones then they have it.

7. QBD

QBD Active Member

Are you putting it on before or after degreasing?

8. I do it after degreasing. Ive never had degreasing hurt the antlers that i needed to use silicone. Im only putting the silicone up the anlers about 3 inches, enough to completely immerse into BO.

9. joshlw

joshlw New Member

May be a stupid question, but do you squirt it on with calk gun or do you apply with your finger. Never done this before, but picked up my seal n peal today gonna give it a try.

10. buzzbait

buzzbait Padden's Wild & Wet Taxidermy and custom Woodwork

NY
    put couple gobs on it on with the caulk gun and move it around with your finger to finish..

11. joshlw

joshlw New Member

Thanks