1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Response to NTA post by Carol Janelli

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Harry Whitehead, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Here's a thought why don't some of you NTA members call and ask for the information and see what you get??

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I'm sure you will get nothing at all...

3. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

coonhollow, you're exactly correct. If you ask for something specific you will get nothing. We asked for specific items and got 45 pictures of the damn files in boxes. That's why we had the "paralegal" go and index the information that was offered. Now we have to cypher this information at our expense to get the "SPECIFIC" information that is required to audit these accounts. It's all part of being uncooperative which is how they roll......

4. It reminds me of the little kid that got caught lying and just keeps on until he's not sure which end is up. All they had to do so long ago was be honest and answer the questions put in front of them by the membership and this would be all over by now. Even if there were wrongs done it would have been forgotten and for given by now.

5. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

that's true Steve no matter what the outcome now labels have been placed its hard to gain back what you once had in this situation.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Sometimes we put a dagger in our own hearts by our actions. Sometimes we let a dagger be put in our hearts due to our lack of actions.

7. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I don't have a horse in the race , I've just been following along as an interested bystander..

For the life of me ,I can't understand the position or the actions of the NTA..IF there was nothing to hide , why waste the memberships money ?? Why ban someone for stirring the pot ? Why squash members legitimate questions at rarely held meetings ? Why block members from accessing info that SHOULD be available for ANY MEMBER to freely see..NOTHING they have done so far even resembles a party with Nothing to hide..For an Officer to say "They called me a thief, & as far as I am concerned I will never give them anything." Smacks of a guilty person trying to stall for as long as they can, or at least until they figure a way out --IMO anyway--

Why waste valuable membership money fighting something that doesn't really need fought ?? Ego maybe ? If I were a member I'd be wondering why my dues are being foolishly squandered.. I would think any group with nothing to hide would conduct themselves like a group with nothing to hide..I just don't get it, maybe I'm thick who knows.

8. No Extreme you're not thick; you pretty much summed it up right here. :-\

9. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

All my years in taxidermy has taught me that there are at least 2 constants in this industry...(1) McKenzie's will raise their prices 10% per year, and (2) One can always find a disgruntle NTA post near the top of the list on Taxi.net! ;)

10. Here's one for ya EJ. Tell me since you are on the TERF board exactly how much money is in the TERF account ear marked only for Helping those in need.

11. EJ

Beats the heck out of me??? I haven"t been a part of TERF almost 2 years.

12. Sorry you are still listed on the board. Thanks for the answer back. Your name is still on the Terf web sight as a committee member.

13. EJ

Really??? I may need to resend my resignation letter again? I had no ill will with anyone I just didn't have time going to mortuary school.

14. EJ your resignation was NEVER made public by the NTA. Isn't it amazing how the NTA neglects to inform its members of important changes to committees that involve members AND nonmembers money donated to help other taxidermists. ::)

EJ I hope you realize that as long as you are officially listed as a committee member on that website you could be held liable for whatever happened to that money in the TERF account. The NTA will find a way to make sure of that if it means saving their own necks. Didn't you ever get a confirmation email back about your resignation from the President/board?

15. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

There ya go! See? It's all EJ's fault :D :D

16. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Etreme,
    I have been asking and saying the same thig for the last year! It definitely smells like something rotten at HQ!

Tim

17. EJ

Damn! What was I thinking?... I should have known better than to comment on an NTA thread! I've been away too long!

There is a reason why I'm still on TERF...After some research here at home I found out my secretary never typed up the letter therefore it was never mailed (I'm going to have to fire her "WAIT" she owns half my crap) so I'm still a member...With that said, If your shop burns down or you have a flood...Shoot me an email and I'll get back to ya. ;) Because there's money there if needed.

PS> Piggy, I'm only responsible for money I signed off on and everything I signed off on was for people who needed it. I'm just amazed that after my 2 year hiatus The battle is still raging??? And I don't really understand why, "I know why"...But disgruntle folks formed a new national association and heck, Piggy, you and a few more established a new relief fund when I was appointed to TERF. It looks like all the resources are there for people to just move on? ....A wise man gave my some good advise 4 years ago at the Surry Show: back when I along with several others were wasting our time trying to overthrow the powers that be and after I sobered up I figured out I had been given words to live by! That advice was, "The NTA is what it is...Take it or leave it and let me add "The only thing one can hope to accomplish by slinging crap into a fan is to covered with it themselves"! I just thought that up, see what college has done for me! LOl!
    Love ya Piglet but It's just not worth the aggravation.

18. EJ, don't get me wrong but I really don't give a flying rat's behind about TERF or the NTA anymore. I just don't want to see YOU getting hurt over any of this. Suit yourself, but I find it a bit unusualy that it took you TWO YEARS to find out your resignation letter was never send off? ??? Is that the way you're conducting business when it comes to your responsibilities on the committee? Oh boy, no wonder the NTA is in the mess it is in. ::) Ya'll have a great day and good luck with straightening out that mess. :-*

19. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

So,.........

So, if EJ is on the TERF committee, and has been for the last 2 years, and noboby from the NTA in that 2 years has contacted EJ about any TERF actions.......does that mean that the TERF has been inactive for at least 2 years?

Or has there been a lot of TERF activity in the last 2 years, but the NTA has never bother to contact EJ about any TERF activity?

Kerby...

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Remember when Bill haynes called E.J. Dog $hit!!! LMAO Now Bill's on the boars (AGAIN!) and he's E.J.'s supervisor :) LMAO

In all seriousness though.....E.J. is a damn good person. Why not contact Head Quarters about TERF if you are intrested in it and ask for documentation and also information.