1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Week # 3-4 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Week # 3-4 !!!!!!!!

A warm welcome and happy hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and it was full of meaningful time spent with friends and family!

We share in the Week in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best each week and to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of the Week In Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

Let's start of the week recognizing those from all over the world who shared their wonderful work with all of us! Thanks for all the beautiful fish work in this past weeks this week in fish pictures! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

A great week Fishheads!!!!!
    From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

This is the time where I share a picture or two of some of the work we all do to share to inspire others! This installment I’m offering some thing a little different but hopefully just as inspiring! I have embedded two links to help share with the fun of perhaps some hands on inspiration! Please enjoy the 2 video tutorials on how to Paint the eye of Steelhead using the New Jeff Lumsden Stilllife eyes and his new Eye caddy to share with you all the fun in hand painting your own fish eyes! Please enjoy the videos!

Just click the licks below and sit back and enjoy a lesson in how I paint steelhead eyes here for customer fish work!

Part #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_bBk-g3YKg

Part #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6ORsJm7S4

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the week! See you in couple weeks!

So with out further ado let's get week # 3-4 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! # 3-4 Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 CHESTERFIELD ROAD
    Hinsdale NH 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com

2. gus

gus New Member

Hello everybody, here are a couple of small bass ready for delivery
    Thanks,
    Gus V.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Hello from Norway- there will be no fish work from me before January :p But here is a picture of a Atlantic Salmon posted before but with another base. Some of my salmons are mounted this way. Wish you all a great week! Ollie

Attached Files:

4. Nice work guys!!!

Cool videos Rick!!!! I love the new DVD's!!!!

Here's a 42" Striper just finished up for a local NC customer. Its a LCR blank. One of my favorites.

[​IMG]

5. DanB

DanB New Member

Some nice fish last week. Nice couple of Bass this week, Red Stag those Atlantic Salmon you do are awesome! Travis J. your work is always very very good, thats a heck of a striper.
    Guess I'll post a Bass and Trout. The Bass is an Arps blank straight out of the box, I usually do alot of modifications on them but not anymore. The Trout is a New Wave blank. Happy Holidays Guys

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Thanks guys! Gus good work, Travis very nice paintjob on that Striper, DanB that trout are just beautiful !!!!!! :eek: Going to bed! Thanks Ollie

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Well, I was going to share my work this week, untill I seen those fish...................

Dan, where to begin.... Ive said it before, and said it again, YOU ARE THE FREAK of LMB!!!!!!

Travis my friend, You are the ROCKFISH FREAK. And freak in general!!!

Ollie!! Great job man, YOu nail those babies!!!!

Rick , thanks for everything you do!!!

Here is my simple contribution. Please don't judge mine after you see these great fish!!! You guys Rock!!

Steelie...Lumsden Still Life Lenses of course!!!

Attached Files:

8. Jimmy Lawrence

Totallly customizable Lumsden Lense! Thanks Jeff!!!

Attached Files:

9. Jimmy Lawrence

Another angle!!

Great start fishheads!!!

Jimmy Lawrence

Attached Files:

10. Well its been a while since I posted .Here are 2 of my latest Metal Fish Sculptures. Great Fish this week and last week guys. Mahi 33"

Attached Files:

11. 24" Metal Redfish

Attached Files:

12. dougp

dougp Active Member

Sooo, we begin another terrific week, eh? ;D

red stag, as usual...outstanding piece!!

gus, Travis.....very nice, I like 'em!

DanB....man, I LOVE your work!! I do all my Arp rep's "right out of the box" as you say....until the $$$ are right... ;) How could anyone not be happy with that one of yours....really nice!

JIMMY..........great job......don't feel the need to be so humble....puff out that chest man!! LOL!!

Snakeweave, your work is so cool & unique!!

Here's a couple white crappie skin mounts about 15-16" er's........

Attached Files:

13. dougp

dougp Active Member

Male spawner...........

Attached Files:

14. dougp

dougp Active Member

'nother angle.....

Attached Files:

15. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Doug,
    Someone not famous recently said...."Your mounts represent traditional taxidermy at it's finest". Truer words were never spoken!! ;D

16. Sikk

Sikk Member

You Guys are " sick-good". obviously, this is not a fish-but a fresh water ray. My first attempt at a mold and cast. Thanks to all you guys on here who give such a wealth of info so freely. paul

Attached Files:

• ray.jpg
      ray.jpg
      File size:
      104.4 KB
      Views:
  17. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Great work Guys I miss getting the chance to check these out each week.

been a while so...here are a couple I am working on and a wholesale(well sorta) bluegill that is out the door...

skin for customer
    [​IMG]

Smallie replica for ME ...

[​IMG]

replica wholesale of sorts... and a kids first which is always way cool. This fish was finished and shipped a month ago I just never got a "finished" photo been to busy for them lately I guess.
    [​IMG]

18. wishbone

wishbone New Member

wow to the crappie..dougp....love them

[​IMG]

19. heres a arp repro

Attached Files:

20. Jason S

Jason S New Member

Wow guys great work!!! :eek: :)