1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures" ~Year 5~ Week # 3-4 !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 6, 2010.

1. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Iwas bord when i had the flu and went and looked at all the twif threads.to the guys that post every week if you go back and look from the start of this great thread you can see how each fish head has evolved in the art.doug yours and timjo crappies are sick.this weekly theard has improved my work a bunch but really if you ever have the time to look through all and take one fish that a guy posts altot save the pic from even a year ago and do a side by side coparison you see just how everyone advances it was a intresting project for me.I know the thread started as a way to share talents but has become a very good tool to mesure ones advances,and most deffenilty has become a historic time line of the art of fish taxidermy.

2. hodx

hodx Herman Darr

great looking fish as always

3. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

A 29'' replica brown for a NY client

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

Gary,
    Gorgeous rendition of a ny brown!
    Question : Is the driftwood a McKenzie repro? What do you think of it? I got one of their rocks and it was full of pinholes! :mad:
    They said it was accurate for a rock!!!!! Pinholes in a rock??? ???

5. Capt. Bryan

Capt. Bryan New Member

Gary,
    What is the size of that Repro? Is it available for sale?

6. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Sweet Gary! Is that one of your hand painted SLL's?

Jeff

7. GBRUCH

Yes it is a SLL. I am glad you liked it Jeff--the client was well pleased.

Bryan--It is Mckenzie wood and rocks. It is not as nice as the stuff I make but It is much more affordable and quick and the clients like em. I have not noticed any pin holes yet

The blank is 29" x 18"(?) but I did not save the mold--I made 2 blanks and cut the mold to demo a technique in a seminar. Unfortunately it is not available for sale.

8. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Amazing brown Gary!!!

9. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    That brown trout are just fantastic Gary!! Very nice work guys! Happy Christmas everyone :) :) :) Ollie

10. You guys do some amazing work!!! I am so inspired each time I see this thread !! Thank you for posting!!Here is my Large Metal Blue Crab

Attached Files:

11. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

Great brown trout. You do some beautiful mounts and with no ego attached.

12. UFD

UFD New Member

J.P., the Porbeagle is one cool critter! Doug, sweet crappies. Rich - another beautiful Rainbow for sure. Gary, you bring great life to your castings. Snakeawave, it is always neat to see what you bring to life in metal!

Just finished this 33", 18.5 lb. marine-caught, hatchery-clipped skin mounted Coho Salmon with a cast head and fins this weekend...what an oily, scale-loosing bugger these things are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    VERY NICE UFD! Love the sea-lice :-* :-* Back to work... Ollie

14. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Thanks Dave alias UFD!! Your work is really inspirational,hope I have sometimes in the future even near to you talent!! Have a nice X-mas all the fish-heads!!!

15. RDA

RDA Active Member

JEEBERS! What is this, the WORLD SHOW!!!! YOUZ GUYZ ARE ALL SIIIICK! ;) :eek: :D WOW< complimetns to each and every one!!! :eek:

16. Jeff Lumsden

Gary -I think that is the first of your painting with one of my lenses I've seen looks real, if you have more please share!!!

Ron- you are so right, these guys on here are damn good anymore-

Dave- lol "marine-caught, hatchery-clipped skin mounted Coho Salmon ...what an oily, scale-loosing (SOB's) these things are! I paraphrased you a bit! Soooo true, beautiful job on it though Dave.

Jeff

17. dougp

dougp Active Member

Gary, I love your brown as I do all the fish you do ;D

Geeeeeezzz, Dave......just beautiful!! I used to get a fair amount of our Great Lakes summer coho and kings. Yah, really greasy and messy, YUK!! LOL!! ;D Good and bad, I guess!! :p

Here's a trio of 9" brookie skin mounts I just finished. These were Montana fish....I think ??? I admit to takin' some "artistic allowances" :D Hope my client can appreciate my focus....we'll see, eh? ;D

Merrry Christmas to all you guys and gals...!!

Attached Files:

18. dougp

dougp Active Member

one more..........wish I woulda charged more for these liittle suckers!

Attached Files:

19. GBRUCH

Thanks Jeff - I am glad you liked that particular eye. Almost all the fish I do have one of your lenses in it and some definitely look more real than others.

Don't post pics here much anymore but thanks all for the positive comments about my work

20. Jeff Lumsden

You are most welcome Gary, and I know that everyone likes looking at you fish! Here is a challenge for you. The next time you paint up a fish eye post it would you please? And everyone else as well, I am looking for your eye painting for a future ad.

Thanks,
    Jeff