1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wow never had this happen before

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Mar 13, 2007.

1. I can ALWAYS tell when they are checking my prices Cecil! I have great fun at their expense too. try this...ask them, how long it is, where it was caught, how it is wrapped and what did they catch it on. Then listen for a choking slow death as they try to make up a story, LOL! If that don't put em down, I then say, well, I am in my home having a bite to eat and my price list is out in the studio, please give me your name and number and I will call you right back with the info you need. LOL! I have done this more than a few times and have had a good chuckle or two after they abruptly hang up.

2. Here's one for you Cecil...I once did a show for a Grand Opeaning of a Tackel shop in Rastatt, Germany..I had pretty much everything there..Maiko's Sailfish, you name it..anyway, during the show a guy by the name of Uve Beenick, or somethin like that , start's passing out his cards DURING my gig !
    He made his mistake, and I caught on, when he gave his business card to one of my best customers, who then made a comment like ...Lick Mic am Arsch....I'm gonna go get Mike...He then made a run to the car and split before I could kick his A++ ! A minute sooner and I could of had real fun !
    Buck....

3. He was probably an undercover DNR Agent checking you out under the new Patriot Act, lol.

Or maybe it was a local guy wanting to start his own business and this was a way to get his feet in your door to look around before he hangs his shingle.

Either way, you have said this yourself before, "It's still a free country." That includes the freedom to go somewhere else if he so desires. Vent all you want if it makes you feel better but the fact is there are people out there that never think they will win the lottery but some actually do. So maybe it was just a matter of time before your ticket came in with a potential client like this, lol.

When you're sitting around twiddling your thumbs wondering why you chose taxidermy as a profession then you will have some room for placing a complaint, until then you are probably doing pretty good by today's standards.

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself Craig. As far as "doing pretty good by today's standards" I sure wouldn't be in this for the money. If I wanted money I would have went to medical school.

5. You should have gotten into politics. Now there's some money in that, just ask Hillary or that Obama dude. and you don't have to worry about malpractice or malfeasance.

6. Hey. I like Craig's words Cecil. Think about it. We have ALOT of perks in this business. I know alot of people with ALOT more cash than I but are unhappy with their lives or should I say less happy than you and I.

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I'm burned out and ready for a career change. Maybe exclusively raising fish in ponds for taxidermists. ;D

8. Yeah! You'll be rich in no time, LOL!!

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Well I did clear five grand in two months out of mostly one pond. And it was a lot less time consuming and fun to remove them by hook and line vs taxidermy work!

10. Professional taxidermist to professional fisherman. Now all you need to do is get all that fishing on some great video and sell the show to the Outdoor Channel. Let's see what could we name it ?????

11. Boredom and stress = burnout.

BTW...charge more, work less, fish more = higher profits and less stress. Gotta find a balance.

I would think after a while you might burnout from too much fishing, lol. I could be mistaken though.

Running for a political position will get you away from it all....

12. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I've been involved in small scale politics running for office in several organizations, being president, board member, treasurer, etc. It's bad enough at this level ( A real Payton's Place) I don't think I'd want to to get more involved. Take the NTA and multiply it by 100 and you get the real deal. No thanks!

13. All those cameras help, too!!!

14. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Well I'm about as photogenic as a turd so that's another strike against me. ;D

15. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Hey Cecil, Don't sweat it, that's all I have in my business is shoppers. All part of the game. Your work speaks for itself and like you said, you're prettty busy. What you should have done is wrapped up one of those famous "browns" from your dog as a free gift for coming by but not ordering. ;D

16. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

Well I'm about as photogenic as a turd so that's another strike against me. ;D
    [/quote]
    Not true, Cecil! (though I still say you had a demonic smile on the brookie thread- and so did your friend- he he)
    Your fish are gorgeous- period. Honestly- they are awesome. If someone doesn't see that, they don't know what a fish looks like. That sounds simple but it's really true. if you do high quality work there are going to be people who have either seen way too many bad mounts or way too few fish to know what's really good! Dave

17. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Cecil, it's his loss, not yours. Your fish are beautiful.
    Hey, Chad, I wish we still had our Geo Metro instead of the diesel guzzler. Our's was a three cylinder, averaged 47 mpg, even got 58 mpg once. Of course if you ever have a wreck in it, that's a whole 'nuther story.

18. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Becky did you know that you could cut the body of a Yugo with tin snips? I kid you not. I wonder if there any of those around anymore. Haven't seen one for years.

19. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Cecil, guess that makes it easier to remove the remains after a wreck. Just kidding. I wouldn't doubt it one bit, heck even trucks are made out of thin crap now. A semi hit a piece of plastic bumper and threw it into my husband's Dodge, it hit the passenger door and left a dent. He said as loud as it was, he was afraid to look, it wasn't as bad as it sounded, but still, it was just a piece of freakin PLASTIC. I don't even want to think about something heavier.

20. he;ll be baaack.....AL