1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The completion of a great cougar hunt with my daughter

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by sugarcreektaxidermystudio, Dec 13, 2010.

1. kahoff

kahoff New Member

I can honestly say that is the best one I have seen! great work

2. buckcrazy

buckcrazy New Member

that is one heck of a job, outstanding job, that thing is absolutely beautiful !!!!

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

After all these years, I've come to accept that there's not very much I haven't seen in poses and mount at one time or another. However, this piece is just exemplary. It is truly a snapshot in time as that big cat is running and looking up for some unseen prey. There's none of that phony "emotion" in its expression, just BUSINESS. Simply some gorgeous work.

4. freaken awsome work

5. RDA

RDA Active Member

Sawweet!...

6. lcole1969

lcole1969 New Member

memories that will last forever, thats what it's all about!......looks awesome!!

7. Thanks for the feedback....It was a very neat piece to put together.....and my daughter ended up with a lot of say in how I did the cat up. This is just the first half and the second half will be an extention of the rock ledge (done in two pieces for easy transport.....or I should say easier transport :)) which will have a mountain goat running off the rock ledge in front of the cougar...all told, the total length of the piece will be around the 18-20 foot mark and if I can nail the goat and the expression that I want in its face and eyes...should be one of my favorite pieces ever....and most difficult.

This cat was mounted on a Mike Boyce form that I purchased from McKenzie which I altered somewhat as my cat did not have the same girth as the form was. That was definately not the easiest of forms to cut down and alter....but with some patience and preserverance I was able to make it happen.

With respect to cats, I would say that Phil Souchy, Ashley Barrett, John Belluci, and Kenny Walker inspire me the very most. Some very unbelievebly tallented individuals and I certainly appreciate Kenny and John being willing to let me pick their brains to solve some problems and even give some critiques.......Marco

8. zmia

zmia ozzie, ozzie, ozzie........

Like Ive said in a previous post of yours, you have a gift. That is frikken awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

9. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Beautiful mount, beautiful daughter, lucky father, what more can be said.

10. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

I wish my dad would take me cougar hunting. :(

This is an awesome mount, great job.

11. skullclnr

skullclnr Active Member

WOW, beautiful.

12. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

That's really amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

13. bigrubs07

bigrubs07 October 26,2007 148 gross P/Y points, 230lbs FD

Takes my breath away very very nice job.

14. seanpurc

seanpurc New Member

Congrats to you and your daughter. That is one beautiful mount1

15. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Very nice , thanks for posting.

16. Jim McNamara

Jim McNamara Well-Known Member

Wow, about missed this post! Great action pose. I look forward to seeing the prey its keyed on.

17. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Marco,

You have a true gift and an absolute natural feel for these beauties, and it shows in your creations! Very well done, very natural, with excellent grooming. The eyes are fixed and focused on the intended prey. You captured "the look"! Well done, my friend! Bon travail!

John.

18. ed150

ed150 deer city time

great trophys and great mounts ;)

19. 400

400 New Member

did u alter the mouth open if not who did u buy it from

20. The basic form is from McKenzie and was a Mike Boyce form....I purchased a change out head form from a taxidermist here in Alberta that does some sculpting and then altered the head form to put in a slack jaw mount cup. I also altered the form to fit my cat. Hope this helps........Marco