1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Unique Mount - What to do with damaged capes

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by InuRyoko, Dec 13, 2010.

1. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

Taken from this site off Google http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2010/08/dead-animals-get-decorated-by-sandra.html

Done by Sandra Musy

I think this is a beautiful Idea. Its a new take on it. Could be put to use with Damaged capes. I would do it.
    Not your typical mount but Still gorgeous!

I don't like the other ones on that website I think they have too much glam. However this one is Very beautiful and I think it works with both parts the best.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Interesting
    Ralph

3. Brandon M.

Brandon M. New Member

That is different, Im not particularly a fan of it though.

4. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

lame

5. alexm

alexm New Member

Not really

6. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

It doesn't do much for me, although I would probably get a chuckle out of it if it were done to look like Borg implants.
    A glowing eye would be essential to make that idea work, of course.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

In which case you would have to like it, Nancy, Resistance is futile!

8. GreenBullhead

GreenBullhead Peep peeep peep C:

Bedazzled.

9. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    That looks like s.hit. Period.

John.

10. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I think you hit the nail on the head John.

11. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

LOL

I prefer a normal mount to this of course. Just thought someone else might like it to. Comments Noted. I guess no stepping outside of the box here :D

12. But I like stepping out of the box.

But I'm not wild about the idea, I rather see a Terminator Deer. :)

13. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

It's interesteing, but not anything I'd like to pay good money for. I'm sure there are people out there who would, but it's a small market.

Oh, and Knuxtiger, I found you a terminator deer: http://fotozup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/weird_taxidermy_058.jpg ;)

14. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

I agree with John

15. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I like it! It looks like it would if you saw it in the wild, especially with those little guys, you hardly ever see all of them. It is abstract and I like it, definitely something I would hang on my wall. While not in my showroom or taxidermy house, but in my abstract art gallery.

And roe deer are my favorite deer... ;D

16. Cathy M.

Cathy M. New Member

It doesn't look like shit. It's a creative approach and, like the modern art that involves three random splashes of paint on a canvas, which I don't care for, someone probably WILL pay money for this. There are crazy people like that out there in the world. *cough cough*

17. There people who make thousands and thousand of dollar for just painting a yellow dot on a piece of paper. :-\

18. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

I wouldn't buy it but I still think its unique. It is modern art and no I don't buy modern art. Doesn't mean I cant appreciate it. Still takes time.

I like this better than than the deer form and antlers sprayed pink! Now that's a horror! *gags* Hate pink!

I Hate any antlers spray painted flat colors actually....

19. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Haha they put a lot of time and thought into that dot. :p

This is the least horrible on the page. I'm just not into the sequins/fur combo, looks a bit tacky in some of the instances.

20. Non-TypicalArtist

Non-TypicalArtist ABOVE Expectations. BEYOND Ordinary.

Very interesting! I would have pushed it farther into more art. Maybe marble pedestal base (industrial feel) and something with the horns (like coating them in something - so they looked metal??) so it became more “art” than a mount.