1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Unique Mount - What to do with damaged capes

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by InuRyoko, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Bangle

Bangle New Member

It's interesting, it's just taxidermy with a more modern art feel to it. Not sure if I would hang it in my house...but I can still appreciate it lol.

There was something similar to this that a student at my university did. There was no actual taxidermy involved, but it was a straight forward deer form completely covered in neon colored beads and sequins, looked like it had scales. It was kind of mosaic because the sequins all had patterns and swirls...and the antlers were two sticks covered in sequins too. I thought it was an interesting piece...not really taxidermy, but it was cool.

2. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Its unusual for sure.

3. Fallofthewild

Fallofthewild bird brains

I'm not really into it, but it's certainly interesting.

The weird little boars kinda freak me out a little bit.

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

this could be the most stupid gay thing i have seen in taxidermy...the flying dog on ebay a month ago or so is in the same class

5. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

:D :D

6. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

I hated all the others. The pigs were stupid. This one kept enough of the actual deer to look decent.

7. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    X2

8. Bangle

Bangle New Member

Stupid looking or not, it's a good thing that someone is recycling old, ugly mounts and having some fun with them to create something unique rather then dumping them in the trash. Good for them...all that really matters is that someone, somewhere is enjoying them.

9. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

Exactly!

10. kinetic

kinetic New Member

THAT would be cool lol

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I would love to have a Roe deer to mount.. that was a waste of cape, horns, and materials to me but to each their own! looks like a cheep purse stretched over its muzzle.lol ::)

12. kinetic

kinetic New Member

I'm guessing it was an old mount that they got and added stuff to. So not really a waste.

13. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

well then its a waste of a cheep purse!