1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shipping suspended till January 3rd.

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by texascritter, Dec 14, 2010.

1. texascritter

texascritter Cell 972-904-9516

Due to the blizzard in the northwest and the Christmas holiday I am suspending all shipping till January 3rd. No since in take a chance with one of my wonderful animals and it get laid over some place or just plain lost. I know "SOME" are so perfect they can ship anytime with no problems but I am not willing to take the chance. So weather permitting my next shipping day will be January 3rd.

2. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

Geeze! Its like the complete opposite here! We have been in the 50's + here in Utah...

Pretty crazy after our blizzard a few weeks ago that dropped 2+feet in the valley.

3. texascritter

I shipped 14 boxes today and FedEx said some shipments were going to be a day late and that they were carrying either 16 million or 60 million packages today (do not remember for sure the figure they gave me). So since so many of my animals are one of a kinds I just do not feel like it is worth taking a chance. would rather tick people off for no more shipping till after holidays rather than have to replace something.

4. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

Agreed! Best of luck shipping. It can be a hassle.

5. elkmasterwyo

elkmasterwyo New Member

Looking out for your CUSTOMERS is what i'd call that. Nothin wrong there critter.

6. That is a good thing, always look out for people.

I can tell you is so cold in my state right now, if I got something raw, it would stay frozen if I left it outside for the next two days. They are saying tomorrow is only going to get to 27 and then with the wind, I imagine it will feel like 15.

7. Kilala

Kilala New Member

It's in the 80's here in So. Cal. I wisjh I was in the snow like you guys

8. 2 of critters fine Texas Bobcats are Mississippi bound,Thanks again,Gerald 8)

9. HIGH of -2 here today. wind chill -35 or so. we got 17 inches of snow here on saturday alone... EVERYTHING is delayed. texascritter has got the right idea!

10. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

only part of the country snowed in is upper midwest and far n.w.. rest should get normal delivery. we selectivly ship ,or hold ,pending the destination point. as many know, ups, fedex, and usps, none will honor insurance for spoilage, and none will or can deliver if weather prevents it, like the roads are closed due to blizzard, hurricanes etc. and matters not which delivery service you use. I laugh at the arguments of say usps vs ups or fedex ,as turns out both fedex ansd ups use usps. I`ve been getting 42 hr delivery with usps priority , as many can attest , as recent as 3 days ago. barring further weather complications I will ship next monday same as every monday. after that it will be after the first of the year due to holiday postal closings.

11. DARKLIGHTJAK

DARKLIGHTJAK To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

haah maaaan i dream of snow like we had last year in central north texas.
    now its just dry of 80's for a few days then 50s/60s the next,so many fires this year too.
    So lucky to yall up north, lol.

12. JSeiler

JSeiler Active Member

We only got 4" out of that same storm here in North West Ohio I was very disappointed :( I was hoping for at least 7".

13. bob wendt

cold here, like 2 degrees, but only 3" of snow

14. texascritter

According to the news there will be more packages carried by USPS, FedEx and UPS in the next two weeks then were carried the whole year previous. When there are that many packages the chances of damage, loss or delays multiplies. So rather than taking a chance weather the temps are cold or not, I would rather just not take the chance. Does not matter if it is the shipping companies fault or not. If something happens many of my animals are one of a kinds and impossible to replace. I'll play it safe or wimp out or whatever you want to call it. I will not ship till AFTER new years.

15. single digit temps in the adirondack mts. in up state ,ny. some places over 4 feet of snow in just days,took ups 4 extra days to deliver a few capes that were only 1 hour from me.i cant figuer that one out. i mayself called monday quits for shipping till after new year. its the best thing you can do , kevin

16. bob wendt

depends on where it is going. no need to delay in areas with normal weather. that simple. volume has no issue in it. only deliverability due to road closures, i.e. like the 4 ft of snow mentioned above. holiday shut downs is another story. plus I`ve determined problems have more to do with the professionalism of the postal workers in the area. like d.c. vs cheyenne wyoming. it`s like duh. politically correct or not, what is, is.

17. texascritter

Well I have suspended all shipping till January 3rd cause I AM NOT going to take any chances.

18. bob wendt

there are no greater % failure out of 10 vs 100 vs a million. the failure rate is the identical % always. I would not insinuate you are taking any more or less chances on anything. you do what you do. but dont insinuate anyone else is taking chances. each to his own. I know my success rate, so far it`s 100%, since 9/11 when all the planes were down for a week.

19. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Good call TC. No sense in taking any chances. ;)

I dropped a box off at UPS yesterday and the guy told me they aren't guaranteeing 2 day delivery till after Christmas.

20. wow bob, your success rate on shipping since 9/11 is 100 %. thats great, and with all you ship, i only ship a fraction compared to you or tex and ive had on many occasions had packages take twice the time as they should of and many more delays and 2 no shows, now bob, is that 100 % delivered arrived in a timely manner ? and not 3-4 days or a week longer than should of using the flate rates w/ confirmation. ? kevin