1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ever seen one of these?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Jerry Huffaker, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I thought this was interesting.

[​IMG]

2. That's friggen awesome!

3. wow! i want one! not one on me personaly but a deer like that!

4. Pretty cool.

5. Yep seen a couple of those, only three first hand, and like that one they seem to be somewhere in the center. They always seem to be about the same size also, wonder if anyone has seen any larger growth on these?

6. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

That one is cool ! I got one in this year but it's below the right burr, seperate but close to the burr.

7. Here's one with two points. We named it the devil deer.

[​IMG]

8. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

I killed one like that in '08 closer to the right burr also. My buddy shot a buck that was almost a mirror image to mine last year on the same farm. Could be genetic I guess. I call him the unicorn. Still trying to get around to getting him mounted, darn work and customers deer keep getting in the way!

Attached Files:

9. KClem

KClem New Member

Killed this one in 2003. He had an expandable broadhead blade buried into his skull plate directly under the "third" small antler. He must have taken the one to the head at least a year prior because there was no visible sign of a wound externally.

Attached Files:

10. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

I took one in a few weeks ago. First one for my shop.

11. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Cool looking deer, must be genetic. Thanks for posting the others.

12. possum1

possum1 New Member

can't find the picture but had one on a trail cam with a 8 inch antler coming out of the center

13. I saw one first hand that had what looked like a split brow tine coming out of the middle of the forhead.

14. Matt

Matt Active Member

That is pretty cool Jerry, I have a few in this season like that, and one that had several points coming on under the skin. That one was tricky to skin out.

15. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

We have one that barely touches the burr & is 11" long. Its a nice 10 point, 11 with the odd one. Only have had one other looked like most of the ones pictured here.

16. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I got two in like this this year. One was just like the devil deer and the next one posted where it it right infront of the right pedicle. The other deer had a tiny one just breaking the skin near the back to middle of the head near the right pedicle.

17. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

I seen one a few years back it was about 1' long.

18. WOW now that is unique and appropriately named.

19. mike108

mike108 New Member

PA
    It's a Unicorn buck! LOL

20. apwordsmith

apwordsmith New Member

Does anybody know if those extra antlers are shed too, or any reason why they wouldn't be?