1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pintail Sprigs

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by crankin, Dec 16, 2010.

1. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    Can anyone spare some nice pintail sprigs, i have a few to mount of my own but in WI here if you can even get a full color one they dont have jack for a sprig... if anyone from down south has a few they are willing to send my way that would be great! thanks

Collin

2. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    a buddy of mine used one from a oldsquaw so that could be a option too. looked good too never thought twice till he told me how he did it.

3. brant 777

brant 777 New Member

I have 2 from 1 pintail they are 8" long if you need them they are yours please let me know. thank's Dan

4. Jimmy Rimrock

Jimmy Rimrock Yeah, they come to snuff the rooster

Must have been awhile.....no sales of wild waterfowl parts.... suppose you could gift them.

A little work on a pheasant tail feather, dye or sharpie and a trim and its good enough for on the wall.

5. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    Thanks Jimmy, I know the law. They can be gifted not looking to buy any

6. Just came back from Arkansas and killed 3 nice bull pintails that are about to go on the wall as well. Good luck getting your sprigs

7. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

I am not a bird guy but have thought you could use crow wing feathers. I heard a guy talking about it. :-\