1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

I can't figure this forum out

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Superpig, Aug 31, 2006.

1. ??? How on earth are you suppose to add your profile? I've tried now four times and everytime the screen comes up white and blank and none of my info has been added. This new forum is wasting a lot of my time. Someone, please help. :'(

2. I managed to change some info on the profile but I still cannot add any pictures. It keeps saying my avatar is too big or not an avatar. What on earth is an avatar? And how do I change it? :-\

3. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I am still a little confused also. I liked the old system better. I do like the fact that you have to log in. That way if there is any bashing you know the culprit. I am totally with you here Superpig. I cannot even see any of the little icons on the page. All I get are little boxes with red X's.

Todd B

4. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I'm getting little boxes for the icons too right now. Weird? But I'm sure that will be fixed soon.

Anyways, an avatar is the little personal image underneath your username. Choose a picture from your folder and resize it to about 150 pixels or less......then it will be the appropriate size for an avatar.....and it will work when you upload it.

5. Coot

Coot New Member

Holy Cow. It might take a while but I ll get get used to it . . .Todd ..Your right...ALl I get are a bunch of red XXX ..It must have something to do with the security settings.

6. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

The pictures and icons have been this way since the server change. I am sure Ken will work it out. :)

Superpig - the 'avatar' is the picture or icon people have just below thier name.
    You dont have to add a picture you can just select an icon from the list. :)

If you are adding a picture you might have to edit it with another program to make it smaller. I think its 140 pixels - but dont quote me.

7. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Once you get used to it you will like this format. the best part is that it keeps the active threads at the top.

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

You avatar is coming through loud and clear now Frau Evelyn. It looks gut zu mir. ;)

Be honest though. Got one of the kids to show you how to do it right? If you're anything like me the local second graders know more about computers than I do! ;D ;D ;D

9. My my Cecil. I finally can put a face to the name. Damn nice looking.......the fish that is. LOL
    Actually I could not figure out how to change the avatar :-[, so Ken was nice enough to post it for me. ;)

I am beginning to like this forum set up though. Yes it does take a little to get used to it, but I like the fact you can include the little smileys. This way you can include tongue in cheek humor without people misreading it like it happened on the old forum a lot.

10. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Since I don't reply to many postings, but skim through the ones that are already here, I guess my mug shot isn't too important. I am curious as to how to downsize a photo to get it to go through. My Kodak program automatically does it for me when I send an email, but I haven't figured out how to do it myself. I guess Ken's photo may have to do for now. I am surprised to see the time posted that I have spent on this site already just checking out other posts. It is incredible what Ken has done with this site, besides picking up all sorts of helpful tidbits on doing taxidermy, I just may learn something on how to use a computer.

11. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

You can use photobucket.com to resize and store your images. ;D

12. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Well I'm not pretty so I must be smart! ;D That was winter time too when I'm cooped up in the house and not spending as much time outside expending calories. Probably at least 10 lbs. heavier in winter. :eek: