1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Casting day with Bill and Rob Coates

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by josh s., Dec 20, 2010.

1. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Bill and Rob have generously invited me to their shop once before for a crash course in deer mounting.......well I guess a little more advanced and proper techniques if you will. Anyhow, Bill once again allowed me to come to his shop to learn how to mold and cast a replica set of antlers. Now I don't have pictures of the whole process as I understand it is a heavily guarded secret.....lol! I did however post a picture of the first cast. These antlers may seem a tad dark to some but next to the originals they are pretty darn close. This rack had alot of color to it. Well......in short.....Bill and Rob make it look easy and I cant thank them enough for the time shared. If anybody needs a repro.......this would be a good place to start.
    [​IMG]

2. kinetic

kinetic New Member

nice work

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Nice coloring job Josh, very close to the original.

4. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

Thanks bill! I actually am getting ready to do another set and I think I would like to try my first show this year with them. My boys thought it was pretty cool.

5. I'd be happy to just know the product you used to pour the cast.

It looks great...