1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Big Elk found in MN

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne R, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

The information I have on this, is that this elk was found hung up in fence upside down, on state land with it's antlers embedded into the ground. A muzzleloader hunter found it, and was able to help set it free. He found it a week later still a live, but a few days later it had died. He then turned it in to the game warden, who then returned it to him a week later. It has a "green" net score of 456 4/8 NT and gross 475 5/8 NT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is freak zilla gnarly looking thing and I would love to have that in my shop.

3. Amazing! That rack has got it all as far as I'm concerned...love it! Dark brown color, crazy mass and funky red stag looking tops. What I wouldn't do to have that mounted up here in my shop! :D

4. InuRyoko

InuRyoko Member

D A N G!!!

That's one Big Bad Daddy Elk! Holy crap!

I would love to have that rack!

5. I don't know...... doesn't look like an inch over 474 gross ;), amazing find, too bad he wasn't able to harvest it.

6. mike108

mike108 New Member

PA
    Man that is an awesome looking elk, thanks for posting! Lucky guy...

7. droptine2

droptine2 New Member

Amazing elk, thanks for sharing

8. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That is a great elk!

9. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

wow!!!!

10. That thing is HUGE

11. jcrosstaxidermy

jcrosstaxidermy New Member

very nice ;D

12. nofiveo

nofiveo Active Member

I wonder how close he was to Spring Valley?

13. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

id give my right nut for that thing damn!

14. John 1

John 1 New Member

We don't have many of them and only have a limeted number of licenses a year. 2-3 lucky hunters a year get drawn I believe. All of them are either in the north west of north central part of the state. I think there are 2 herds and each numbers about 30 head or so. All the farmers hate them with a passion! Constanly taking down their fences and eating their crops. Nice bull!!

15. bullbuster

bullbuster New Member

What a toad! Those are some short main beams...good thing we caught back up the hard way with 300 inches of mass measurements ;D. That is one good looking bull. Thanks for sharing....I am ready for September again! Down the road

16. NRAUSA

NRAUSA New Member

Here he is as they are about to flip him back over. Hes still alive in this picture.

[​IMG]

17. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

NRAUSA, thanks for sharing the photo!

18. Yep - that's in MN alright. Couple of farmers trying to flip it over with a 2x4. LOL Too bad it didn't make it.

Bruce

19. NRAUSA

NRAUSA New Member

Rite side up. Just before he got up and walked off.

[​IMG]

20. dc240nt

dc240nt Lets Talk Big Bucks!!

A good friend of mine who is a B&C measurer is the guy who scored it. He told me it had 79 6/8 inches of mass measurments, 13 inch bases. Spring Valley is in the complete opposite corner of the state. This bull came from near the Canadian border.