1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help with 1st mount.

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by rhameboy, Dec 22, 2010.

1. rhameboy

rhameboy New Member

She is my first attempt at mounting anything.
    Bought a kit from Van Dykes Taxidermy Supply.
    What needs tweaking?
    Shawn
    killedskinnedtannedandmounted.com

Attached Files:

2. rhameboy

rhameboy New Member

here is another.

Attached Files:

3. rhameboy

rhameboy New Member

The cheap earliners were not going to work cause they were way short, so I had to bondo the ears. Found the right info on here as how to do that.
    i left the cartilage in ears as that seemed to be the easy way with the use of bondo.
    Do you think the mouth looks ok some say on here little or no black showing. that was hard to do as iy seemed small for manikin.
    Shawn

4. The ears look pretty good for a beginner. The nose needs a little work. The pic makes it look as though you may not have gotten it completely turned. The lips will show even more black as it continues to dry. If it's still wet..... tuck the lips deeper all the way around. Then get some good nose and eye reference pics and you will see the improvements needed. You are on the right track ! Keep it up !

5. rhameboy

rhameboy New Member

Thanks, was hoping for a bit friendlier look in the eyes, as for the nose its not dried or painted will try and make it look fuller.
    Shawn

6. looks like the eyes are too open but a great job for #1

7. rhameboy

rhameboy New Member

Redid the mouth and will close the eyes a bit.
    Shawn

redid eyes, what you think?

Attached Files:

8. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Put the mount in front of a mirror and stand behind it and you see what is need to be adjusted.....Get some good reference pics

9. rhameboy

rhameboy New Member

Re: Help with 1st mount. UPDATE>>>

Here is a better view.
    Shawn

Attached Files:

10. the god mother

the god mother New Member

here
    try this......

[​IMG]

11. troutfisher

troutfisher New Member

from 1 beginer to another it looks real nice.just keep listening to the pros on here, (i made some mistakes on my deer i did that if i would have asked what to do on here first they would have been an easy fix i didn't ask and let him dry and now thy can't be fixed,get books and watch dvds and look at good reference photos as you work on things and you will only get better.
    keep up the good work,tom

12. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Good start, he's not looking straight at me though. Think about that while looking at the reference the_god_mother provided