1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ALBINO BEAVER

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by griffin3296, Dec 26, 2010.

1. griffin3296

griffin3296 New Member

My brother inlaw trapped an albino beaver and was wondering what it is worth?

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

The price on this kind of stuff is difficult to gauge. If someone wants it bad enough the price goes up. Most of the time though the seller thinks he has pure gold & finds out its fools gold. I have seen cinnamon coons go for $300. I bought one for $75. I sold a pair of white coons for less than $200 & didnt think I would ever get that. Decide what you would be happy receiving & ask for it.

3. Alan B

Alan B Member

Deer Dawg
    That may be true but with times the way they are currently supply and demand might not be what it used to be. remember when we purchase an item it is usually to mount and sell to another customer and if you trappers want high prices for the item to begin with the resale gets out of control in a hurry. Remember it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Your better off doing some homework stating your price and go from there if you want bids like it has been said a million times before go to Ebay. Personnaly if it states "make an offer" or "highest Bid" I usually move on but if ther is a price posted and I can't afford that partyicular price I will make an offer. The seller always has the option to say No!
    Good luck with your sale Griffin 3296
    Moving on,
    Alan

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I can tell you the economy has hurt animal sales. animals I used to get $100 for now won`t bring 50, and similar on many species and odd colors etc. it`s just a tough time to be beligerant and demand a set price on anything. and what you going to do with some hides? you can`t eat them. that said, if I had an albino beaver, I`ve got deep enough pockets I`d probably ask 200-250 and if I listed it a good while and no sales, then drop it 50 bucks

5. runingun

runingun New Member

If Bob gives you a value then you can bank on what he say's.He does this for a living.You can trust what he tells you.

6. would like to see some pictures of the beaver. has to be a pretty cool looking critter.

7. houstonpanda

houstonpanda New Member

I agree ,or maybe start 300 then drop 50 and then if ..

8. burdman

burdman New Member

If you cant figure out how to post a picture I'm sure someone would volunteer to post it for you.

9. larry

larry 2009 Iowa Show

I am very interested but need to see a picture so that there is no misunderstanding on what is for sale. I bought 2 "albino" beaver sight unseen from a furbuyer, who danged well should know what albino is, but the only thing they had was off white underfur and pinkish tail and feet. They both still had brown gaurdhair and he misrepresented them and then would not return the money. I will not buy without seeing a picture now because of that. That way there is no possibility of a misunderstanding and problems with the sale.
    Larry