1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

taxidermy theft!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by blazerdave2000, Dec 26, 2010.

1. choo choo charlie

choo choo charlie I feel pretty good for the way I feel

where did this happen? kind of smells like a taxidermist just couldn't resist the antlers.
    I bet ya a buck they are no further than a mile away from the shop!

2. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

That is sad,I been to a Sportsman's Expo many years ago.Anyway there was a Whitetail,Black bear,Moose Guide service and that guy had about 50-60 Wt racks.Real trophy deer, talked a little taxidermy with the guy,He tells me I'll sell any of these.He wasn't there to sell the racks.Just showing the type of deer he gets clients.I didn't buy any but just thought how some one could part so easy with those trophy deer?.

3. blazerdave2000

blazerdave2000 New Member

This happened in Balitmore MD. I bet the antlers are sitting with some rich guy. I wish I could find them within a mile of the shop.

4. JW

JW New Member

Was this the one, where three guys in a pickup went in and distracted the taxidermist? Next thing he knew the antlers were gone?

5. blazerdave2000

i havent heard that story yet lol but is very interesting.

6. blazerdave2000

well thanks to this website i have now found my stolen deer antler from 12 years ago. a guy from this site had emailed me 2 days ago saying that he saw my deer hanging inside of a gum shop in carrol county. i called the carrol county police and a officer met me there. we went inside and seen my deer hanging on the wall. we spoke to the owner of the gun shop and he said he bought it from someone 3 years ago. he was cool about everything and ended up giving me the deer back. so i now have my antlers back after 12 years. so now i can get it remounted and offically scored and hopefully put in the maryland state record book.

7. That is amazing I am so very happy for you. This site has a way of helping out on everything. Congratulations buddy

8. Glad someone was able to help. I'm guessing they weren't stolen at all. That taxi saw a young kid that he could rip off and sell your rack.

9. That's awesome! How bout a pic when it's done? Or a pic of it mounted as it is now?

10. kahoff

kahoff New Member

Wow! that is an awsome story. Good for you, I am glad you got them back. I hope somebody got arrested right?

11. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

Just curious why everyone is leaning toward the taxidermist as the thief?

Racks come up missing out of taxidermy shops all the time. Main reason is the taxidermist leaves a customer unattended in there shop. How hard would it be for some one to walk out with a rack put it in there car and come back in like nothing happened? This right there could be the reason one one rack came up missing.

I never leave anyone in my shop unattended. Very rarely will a customer see any racks that have been dropped off by other hunters. I keep them locked up where they can not be seen and where they can not walk off. Out of sight out of mind.

12. deerhunterdon

deerhunterdon New Member

Mi
    That story is so amazing ! I so Glad you found your Rack ! Kudos to Taxinet and a keen eye on your new buddy!! sweet!

13. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

Wow that is really Cool you got them back . Outstanding

14. Such a great ending! So glad you got your rack back and the folks on this wonderful site could help you find them. Can't wait to see pics!

15. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Best thing that ever happened here that's for sure.Your one lucky guy.

16. disabled

disabled Active Member

Congrads i would say very lucky!!!! You might want to play the lottery!!!john

17. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

This is not the first time one of us on this site has been able to locate stolen property and it won't be the last.

I'm soooo happy for you man!! That must have felt like winning the lottery

18. thats a awlfull but great story, i cant beleive it had a happy ending. i dont haverthat kind of luck. are there any follow ups with this? i mean, the guy who bought them 3 years ago, did he have a reciept or remember where/who he had purchased them ? hope so .hope it tracks back to who was to blame for the theft in the first place. then id be happier.

19. Spysar

Spysar Member

The story is great and all....but it really needs pics of what the buck looked like when it was found.

20. matchbook454

matchbook454 Member

Awsome story! I'm glad you got your rack back. Good thing you didn't give up on looking for them!