1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

beginners giving advice

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by choo choo charlie, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Really? The Best in World winners that I have dealt with on this site have been more than willing to help me every time I have asked. They have went so far as to call me and have hour long discussions about anything I had questions about. Perhaps you are dealing with someone else? ???

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I thought he was being sarcastic ???

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Perhaps he was, I'm a little slow some days. LOL

4. Steve Rotramel

Steve Rotramel We got some radical rebels in this county!

Oh but Cole, there aren't any Best in World winners on this site. There are only old has-beens and second rate never-wases stroking their own egos by giving adivce to future greats and the very occassional "best in the world sorry taxidermists".

That's who I was dealing with.....rather sarcastically.

5. Just curious as to how you expect a beginner is going to be able to sort out good advice from bad advice as they are in a position of unclarity with the problem they seek an answer to? I feel a great disservice is given to them with bad advice because a true beginner will not know the difference. JMO

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm pickin up what your layin down...it's a sad day when Redwolf has to set me straight. ;)

7. Word of advice, Colleen, when you open a new account don't use your current e-mail address in your personal info. I figured this was you and this response was directed to me. I hope you are more honest with your business than you are with what you have done here, stating this is your first day on this site, as you have been a member and posting since March of 2010.

I answered ALL of your questions you PM'ed to me. Sorry I didn't give you the step by step tutorial you requested but us "old timers' weren't handed our business on a silver platter. I certainly don't mind answering questions as I periodically come on here and enjoy helping where I can. I have given many seminars and written several articles in Breakthrough and Taxidermy Today regarding rugmaking and if you would have searched the archives you would have found my post referring to a 3 part article which will take you step-by-step through the rugmaking process.

No, I am not threatened by you or worried about your future business. I am a little disappointed that you expected so much from me. When I was a newbie, I would have never asked BJ or Fortmans to walk me through the ropes, step by step.

Yes, thank you, I am content with my business because I know of all the hard work I put into building it. No-one handed it to me on a silver platter. I did my time working the show circuit for 16 years, 2-3 shows a year to build my clientele and came up with original ideas to set my work apart from others.

I wish you the best of luck with your future business endeavor.

Kind regards,
    Mary

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

ROTFLMAO!! She's freakin BRILLIANT!! :D :D
    Just another gutless member using a different user name to stir it up.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

WOW Colleen....Mary handed you a dose of STFU straigh on a silver platter! ROTFLMAO!

And by the way, Mary is everything RIGHT with this industry! Colleen, since you are a wanna be rugger you better learn how to sew yourself a big ass set of wings if you EVER want to sail as high as Mary's reputation, standards and respect in this industry.

10. sorrytaxidermist

sorrytaxidermist New Member

Just so all you "brilliant" people know. I AM NOT Colleen! Think whatever you want, but I am not her. Too bad wrong guess. Keep tryin! Plus I never said help wasn't available on this site. What I never got the answer to was: If a beginner knows how to help someone else why shuldn't they? Just cuz your new doesn't mean you have to stay quiet. Plus the experienced folks should post (without disdain) when a beginner gives wrong advice. That way they are actually helping two people out not just being full of themselves.

11. sorrytaxidermist

I feel sorry for Colleen! Ya'll are wrong and I think she is owed an apology.

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Your calling Mary a liar? This is your email address right?
    [email protected]

13. sorrytaxidermist

My email address is: [email protected]! And no it is not Colleen. I'm not calling anyone a liar! Just pointing out she is wrong.

14. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

So your email address, and this members user name just happen to be the same? Of all the members, and all the email addresses there are, you just "lucked out" and got it?

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=24579

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Busted! by detective Bob.

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Actually it was pointed out to me. :D

17. sorrytaxidermist

Look, I don't know how many times I have to say this: I AM NOT Colleen. Ya'll need to get off her case she is not the person posting this.

Colleen I am sorry for all this! These folks need to leave you out of this.

Do you all think she would be that foolish? PLEASE, come on folks anyone who thinks far enough ahead to create another user id would certainly not use that in her email.

18. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Are you serious? You expect us to believe you? Do you have ANY idea what the odds are that your email address and her user name are the EXACT same thing? 6 letters all in the same order :D
    Go play Megabucks. Same odds. One in 50-million

You say we owe Colleen an apology. I say you owe Mary one. I know her and I know how she is. You sent her PMs asking rugging questions and she went out of her way to help you.

19. Whoever the hell you are, if you don't like the FREE advice then go somewhere else!

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yes trhey would cause YOU DID! ROTFLMAO!