1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

beginners giving advice

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by choo choo charlie, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

Wow, simply unbelievable. 7 pages of this stuff............wow.

2. j.sonnenfelt

j.sonnenfelt New Member

I am not trying to stir up a hornets nest, but not all of us have had the resources $$$ available to attend one of the schools. I honestly don;t know how anyone can these days. So as far as any post I make I will not be able to name drop anyone i payed to show me how they do it. I have made some post trying to help others starting out. But only on topics I have learned through trial and error myself. Just because someone paid a bunch of money to someone does not mean they learned a darn thing. You can be the best teacher and most experienced, but some people won't learn. As in other trades many will ride the coat tail of a name they paid for. I don't see what the big stink is about. Look at all the responses to your question and use common sense. I really appreciate this site and the knowledge it has for beginners. I have all but quit asking questions on here just because of a select few elders who would prefer to write an arrogant two sentences instead of the one sentence that would answer it. Again I thank you who do help and those who write the comment should just keep working on your next world championship instead of degrading newbies. Sorry for the rant just my opinion.

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

But only on topics I have learned through trial and error myself

and that is where you are expected to give advice from.

4. Chinbeard

Chinbeard New Member

X2 I couldn't agree more. I have also stopped asking questions. I also appreciate this site and its informal members.

5. When we tell you to go to the archives we are trying to cure your lazyness. Nobody wants to work for knowledge anymore. I had my chops busted more than a few times here so don't go feelin all hurt. Grow a set and take it or leave it.

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'll say this about arrogant one-liners. I'm a smartass, that will never change. Those that know me have just learned to live with that. LOL If someone asks a question, and I feel that with just the slightest bit of effort on their part they could have found this answer, I may make a comment that comes off as arrogant. That's not how it's meant. For example, if someone says "what tools do I have to have to mount a fish?". My likely response is going to be "a knife". I suppose I could list every tool that can be used to do a fish, and where to buy them, and how to use them, and even include step by step pictures of the process. This would only take a couple hours of typing, loading photos, etc. Instead, I answer the question asked...the only tool you really have to have to mount a fish is a knife. Some searches in the archives, cheap videos or manuals in the for sale section, and some real work by the person asking the question will likely be more productive than any response I could type anyway.

7. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Did Cole just say he was a smartass? ::) :D :D

8. Yes he did! LMAO!

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

No, you misread that.

10. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm sorry...SPOILER ALERT!!!

11. dbl.thraot_patch

dbl.thraot_patch New Member

Iowa
    Where would a guy go to learn, if he had to make a turkey foot hat hanger? ???

12. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

X2! Sometimes it's so obvious that someone refuses to do any homework. It feels like a waste of time to answer them.

13. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

It is?

14. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

That would be a fillet knife Cole.

15. j.sonnenfelt

j.sonnenfelt New Member

J. Brown dont worry about me "havin a set" I am not crying about it just simply stating my opinion. And as far as saying All beginners are lazy? As tim said that is what the forums are for to ask questions. You can call me a lot of things, but lazy is one I will take offense to. I work my ass off trying to support my wife and two children plus trying to learn a new trade in my spare time. So lazy is not an option. Come down some day and we will go load a pot full of bulls, cut some logs then go feed cattle and try to learn a few things on here if you can keep your eyes open by then! Sorry got to go I took another part time job working on a train engine today. Hope i have the energy to find any answers for questions I may come up with today. Come on!!! Climb off the high horse or shut the f### up!! Sorry can you tell you might have touched a nerve.

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

j.sonnenfelt, You need to relax. JB is right. 99% of the answers are in the archives because the questions have already been asked. The "select few elders who would prefer to write an arrogant two sentences" have answered those questions before. They want to help, but the ones who want to know the answers have to want to help themselves. Every bit of info you get on here is FREE. The ones you put down are giving you info they had to either pay for or learn through years of experimenting and aren't getting paid to come on here and help beginners.

17. I really don't care if I touched a nerve or not. I wasn't picking on you personally either. I am speaking of the people like Cole mentioned. Too lazy to read and ask questions later.

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Yep

19. deckdude

deckdude New Member

This is a good read, I am a professional in my feild and I am very good at what I do, I also dont like greenhorns telling me what to do or how to do it,that being said i am also not so narrow minded and mighty that I can not learn from someone that more inixperienced than I am, as there are always guys that have great drive and ambition that are rising in our feild and have great ideas and thoughts. I am in no way in the same leuge in taxi work as some of you guys r and I have done enough of it to have great respect for those in which can and do this for a living, I on the other hand have learned a lot from this site and think it is a great place to learn from,
    I also think if we treat all with respect both veteran and rookie alike we can all learn somthing from each other that will be a benifit to us all.

20. Man, I've seen people whine on her before but J.sonnenfelt, he's taken it to another level. I see he's hijacking other posts and whining about how he can't give an opinion because he a beginner. Come on J.sonnenfelt, if you want to continue to b***h about it use this post and don't ruin someones post. That's being a true horse's a** and hypocritical don't ya think? :-\