1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

beginners giving advice

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by choo choo charlie, Dec 26, 2010.

1. davidson

davidson New Member

George just used bears , and it was the first one

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Doesn't that just friggin figure. I typed it in before I typed the response and got "No results found". I'm just supposing here, but perhaps it has a "priority indexing" function as to the most frequent entries. Regardless, it's a POS compared to the one on the OLD Forums.

3. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Thanks redwolf Ive been on here since 07 and have always done my search on the main page. I think this will help me.

4. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

No problem.

5. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I think some people are so damn full of themselves that they don't even know when something pertains to them. LOL You have to ask yourself something too about the numbers game, if some one has been on here for a few years and has "more post" than some of the guys that have been on here since day one, what's it tell you? Tells me they don't have enough work to keep them busy but yet they are always on the damn computer.....

Some of you guys might remember this post from the old forums. Do you recall the post that a guy was trying to help out a beginner on tanning hides and he told them that he boils his hides? I believe that dumb s hit was on here but it could have been on Marks old website where we could all go and chat and stuff too but I'm oretty sure it was here. How many people might have tried that?

One thing you see on here are compliments on a lot of crappy work too. Some of the stuff you couldn't sell on ebay, they would end the auction because it embarassed their site.... LOL

Stir stir stir have at it......

6. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Ooooo, good bait :D I'll bite ;D
    IMO #'s have nothing to do with this subject. All it means is some people have less work than others. Not knowledge.
    I'll be the first to admit, I spend too much time on here. Even when I'm doing a project I stop for coffee and come on here to check and see what's going on.
    I'm addicted. What can I say? :D

7. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

there are so many on here with a mass of knowledge that you may see as being on taxinet but rarely post a thing on here, its mostly personalities some love to share and help others and some don't have the time or want to take the time, or possibly its just not their style. On that note I have seen new taxidermist that artistically can blow away some veteran taxidermist. years of experience or the number of pieces they get a year has no bearing on their knowledge some people never get to the point of being a great taxidermist...Kantor is a good example, I know taxidermist that have a good business and take in a lot of work but quality wise their work couldn't contend with most taxidermist and have put out crap for decades number of post mean nothing other than the fact that those people may be more willing to share what they can with others. WA on here is rather quiet but his work is outstanding so to categorize one another based on anything other than the quality of work they can do to me is irrelevant. :-*