1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Dues up to $65.00 ???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pyeager1, Dec 28, 2010.

1. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I got my renewal notice for the NTA today in the mail. While I sat on the can and read it I noticed dues were $65.00. Weren't they $50 just last year??? ::)

2. I read some where that they went up to help pay for the legal defense costs brought on by Harry and Fred.

3. EA

EA Well-Known Member

LOL . Sorry , can't help but to get a little chuckle out of that one..

Nothing against you Steve. I'm sure thats how they tweaked it.. It just appears to me that "defense costs" is slightly misleading..From all I've read , maybe it should be refereed to as "Avoidance Fee's" or "Run Money"

4. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

new forum, facebook, lawsuit, repainting the attic! all costly..hopefully it will be worth the cost they seem to be trying!

5. Mel introduced the raise, setting it aside for AUDIT finances, this was done in Springfield IL. Michael Garcia, Mitch Webb, My wife andI were there.

6. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

"audit finances"? $15 x (x) members =?

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I know everyone loves to diss the NTA these days, but I raised MY prices too this year...

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I'm not dis'ng them I think they have headed in the right direction they really don't need to give a reason why they raised their prices. probably better if they didn't the audit was the whole controversy I wouldn't have the word audit attached to any reason to raise dues.lol especially 23.08% I have gotten on their new forum but its slow growing right now.

9. tim martin

tim martin New Member

I am sure to send my $65 in for renewal. Maybe I will get the same thing I got from the NTA this year..... NOTHING!!!!! Were is the wonderful Outlook magazine that is supposed to be published quarterly? What a rip-off!!

10. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

LOL . Sorry , can't help but to get a little chuckle out of that one..

Nothing against you Steve. I'm sure thats how they tweaked it.. It just appears to me that "defense costs" is slightly misleading..From all I've read , maybe it should be refereed to as "Avoidance Fee's" or "Run Money"
    [/quote]

That's funny stuff right there!

11. Tin, I was told because of the high lawyer fees is the reason the Outlook is what it is.

12. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

I'm sure D-a-n C-h-a-s-e would be happy to help them financially!

13. dannyk

dannyk New Member

I received my July-aug.- sept. OUTLOOK yesterday Big disappointment only about 10 pages all ads and 2 stories about legal problems :'( :'( :'(

14. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

how many pages were dc or 2nd 2 nature adds?

15. dannyk

dannyk New Member

Just his normal ads 1 full page for each.

16. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

well 10 pages thats 20% lol

17. onesportylady

onesportylady Member

I know most of you know about my personal fight here in Missouri with a fellow Taxidermist trying to shut down over 100 home based taxidermist. This fight is not over, we are now fighting in the complainers home county.

Steve and John have been there every step of the way helping when ever they can. No one questioned how many were members, they didn't care. They did the right thing, stepped up to help anyway they can, and continue to help fight this battle.

I have encouraged all the taxidermist involved to join the NTA. I don't care about all the other issues. The important thing, they have all been there to help. Isn't this what it is all about?

I believe these are VOLUNTEER positions. IT is always easier to sit on the other side of the street and criticize others. If you don't like the way things are volunteer, and make some changes.

I would also like to Thank Craig Lewis UTA for all his help with legal issues regarding the fight to work from out homes. He is very knowledgeable about all the issues at hand, and has also been very supportive. He has written letters. I would also urge people to join the UTA. I think both are great organizations, and totally support both.

I would hope that everyone can agree we all need to work together, and that way we can accomplish GREAT things.

18. I heard about that taxidermist in Missouri. That is some pretty low crap that guy is pulling. He ought to be tared and feathered and then have his business shut down. I applause the NTA for stepping up and helping you guys in Missouri fight this slime bag. We cannot let that guy set a precedent and someone else in another state comes up with the same idea. Lord help us all then. Good luck to all of you in Missouri.

19. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

funny thing about the NTA renewal is i got an renewal notice. I am not and have never been a member. what i want to know is how did they get my name on their renewal list.

i have seen the thread about Missouri taxidermist, but haven't read it. i know a lot of us do our taxidermy work out of our homes. I'm going to try to find that post and read up on it so I'm a little more informed.

20. onesportylady

onesportylady Member

title is TROUBLE IN MO there are 53 pages of it so far...........Don't get discouraged by the first 35 pages or so...........