1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

340 lbs. !!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Warbird, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Whoa! Close friend sent these pics of this "bull" killed close to his house. North of Columbia, MO, I think Audrain County. 340lbs. :eek: 283 dressed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

WOW! Congratulations verynice

3. Big old mature buck right there!

4. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Look at the neck on that sucker. What a trophy.

5. AKfurbearer

AKfurbearer New Member

That sure looks like it another Golden Triangle Monster, saw several such beauty's hanging in Iowa 2 seasons ago.
    Great work. What manikin are you going to mount him on ?

6. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

nice buck

7. I'm not mounting it, all I have is these pictures. It was killed fairly close to my buddies house. I don't know the guy, my friend does. He said it took three guys to get it in his truck. I just wanted to share..........John

8. That is a big one for sure.

9. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

That is a monster. Lots of meat there, and a dandy rack too.

10. TIM DUNCAN

TIM DUNCAN surry county va

thats a cow man

11. TROPHY SHACK

TROPHY SHACK Phillip cole

what a pig

12. Is it just me or does anyone think that looks like Psycho! ;D

Bruce

13. Awesome

14. jcrosstaxidermy

jcrosstaxidermy New Member

TALK ABOUT SOME DEER MWEAT ====WHEWW

15. fozziebear

fozziebear New Member

yes sir that sure does look like psycho lol ! That cape is worth a preaty penny right there! Great deer!

16. wylde man

wylde man New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: Imagine my surpirse when i went to check the site this morning and saw my face. I started busting up. What are the odds. Warbird, you dont happnen to know ed do ya.lol. Thats some funny stuff right there. It is a small world. To clear up any rumors, it was killed in cooper county MO. It weighed 340lbs and 290lbs field dressed. rough scored 140ish. It actually just took 2 people to load it. Me and my brother in law. I am a taxidermist in howard co. (wylde taxidermy). I cant wait to get the cape back. It was 24 1/2 behind the ears. I've never posted pics on here but because this was so crazy. I will post some when i get it done this year. lol

stephen

17. Whoa again! Hi Stephen, Yes, Ed is the common denominator. I just met him a couple years back, we hunt together in Southern Illinois. I have to send him this link. I was hoping someone in the "know" would see this post and have the facts.
    What a "monster buck", and I use that phrase without hesitation! Congratulations!
    Are you coming to the "World Show", we have to have a "meet" ? Maybe we can talk "Ed" into coming, but then he'll drink all our "Crown" LOL................John

18. wylde man

wylde man New Member

Funny stuff!! Ed came by the other day to check out the rack. I emailed him some pics to show to his "buddies". Then, there is my ugly mug on a post on taxi.net. A site i check often for tips on taxid. The deer was a moose. I didn't even field dress him because i knew he was a heavy deer. I've killed bigger racked deer, but none that weighed that much!!! I'm still trying to figure out what form to use to show him off. I'm relatively new to taxidermy. Only been doing it a couple of years. When is the "world show" ? I would love to go if i don't have to work.

stephen

19. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I'm much better looking than Stephen Bruce! LOL

Great deer man. ;)

20. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

whata hog!