1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Beautiful Iowa Whitetail Cape

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Iowadeerhunter, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Iowadeerhunter

Iowadeerhunter New Member

Have an awesome Iowa Whitetail cape to sell! It is fresh from a 4.5 year old mature deer....solid 24" neck, looks greats! No holes or marks....short Y incision...

Shipped frozen....$150TYD

I will be caping a 3.5 year old Iowa whitetail tomorrow....estimating a 21" neck, again shot Y incision, no holes or marks. Fresh beautiful capes!

Shipped frozen $125 TYD

PLEASE email me at [email protected] or text (712) 540-6986

2. Iowadeerhunter

Pics of the 4.5 year old...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thats about a solid 19 inch neck you're 5 and a half inches from the ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

That aint no 24 incher. What is the real size at the ears?

5. verne

verne Well-Known Member

So tired of people saying they have a 24 inch cape ; and when you get them ;the only fit a 19 or 20 inch form.

6. Why not measure down a couple more inches and advertise it as a 28" cape :mad:

7. Memory Maker

Memory Maker New Member

I would be interested.Please remeasure the let me know new price and your location.

8. Iowadeerhunter

We wouldn't want to send a simple PM or be respectful about this now would we.... ::)

I have sold capes on here before like this...no problem.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It is a problem, you are deceiving people, rule of thumb is to measure tight behind the ears, many expect that measurement to be what they purchase, that is how forms are ordered, by that measurement tight to the ears.
    It was pointed out in public, so other sellers that fudge on over inflated neck sizes can see where measurements should be taken.

10. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Once you`ve bought a couple capes like this respect goes out the window.

11. Iowadeerhunter

Well, the capes are frozen in the freezer at the farm, 225 miles away, so it is kind of hard to remeasure them.

They are both great capes, obviously I measured wrong so if you want to judge how big they are from the first picture I posted you can try.

Let's reprice them at $100TYD each, I think that seems fair enough...