1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (starting Jan 2, 2011)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by zubba, Jan 2, 2011.

1. zubba

zubba Active Member

Happy New Year and welcome to Game Head of the Week. Nice work the past couple weeks!! Sorry for the late start this week, busy weekend with the holidays.

Everyone from beginners to the pros can share what they've been working on. You can post any game head it doesn't have to be a deer. No critiques please. This is a place you can post with out fear. If your not sure how to post a picture, feel free to email it to me ([email protected]) and I can post it for you. Keep up the good work!

2. Young Hillcountry buck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

Finally had alittle time for some finish work.

Attached Files:

4. Finished these two this weekend both on 64D forms. I like these forms when the customer wants an aggressive pose. Nice work DS and Matt.
    keep them coming everyone.

Attached Files:

5. A close up of the face.

Attached Files:

6. Just finished this a day or two ago. Wanted to try something a little different. After both coming across several photos of various deer with their head up to the sky and their eyes either squinted or closed (like they were feeling the warmth of the sun) and seeing the doe I harvested this year do the same thing, I became inspired and decided to do a personal mount of this very action.

This beautiful buck had an unusual white patch which instead of stopping like usual, just trickled down the neck of the buck. A perfect way to display something so beautiful. He also had several cuts on his face so instead of attempting to hide them, I decided to recreate them as they were.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. very nice Leslie.

8. RTF

RTF Active Member

Love the eye detail Matt.

9. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I hate all of you! LOL!

10. tmoos111

tmoos111 Member

WOW!!! I really like the finnish work on the deers nose you did Leslie!!

11. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Nice pedestal set up, Matt ... very cool looking, and not overpowering!

John.

12. bw

bw New Member

Awesome start everyone!!!!

Here is a mount on another Ben Mears form. This is the first wall ped I have used from him. Its the biggest one in this series, and the cape I had fit it like a glove!!! Measurements were all correct when compared to the catalog.

This cape was scarred up badly, and the ears were very junky, but it turned out nice overall.

Attached Files:

13. bw

bw New Member

A slightly different angle and a little closer closeup.

Attached Files:

14. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Wow! great work,Matt awesome eye detail,ccook63 nice Aggressive mounts,Leslie J,bw great work as well.

15. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

couple more caribou form this weekend.. Give em a couple weeks to dry and Ill finish and post up some nice pics.

Hoytman

Attached Files:

16. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Started 2011 off with doing my goat I got last year first.. prepped and modified the form on the 1st, mounted last night.. right turn, heavy droop, looking down.

Hoytman

Attached Files:

17. miker

miker Member

OHIO
    First time for me

[​IMG]

18. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

some nice looking mounts from everyone

19. My customers really like this Matt Thompson forum.[​IMG][​IMG]

20. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

Wow there is some great work this week. I really like the pose and mount Leslie.