1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bad dealings *Homemade Expressions*

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by obarr1977, Jan 5, 2011.

1. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio
    LOL... Wow..

2. Yea good luck with that....it's only a matter of time until they get you to.....busy......my base was done in October and all they had to do over the last 2.5 months was ship it.....your too busy to ship....maybe you stop taking on work then.....and are they too busy to return calls or even take them, and they even have a secretary..... Good Luck

3. I agree that Walnut Creek Hardwoods are awesome people....in my case I needed a custom Sapele base and Walnut Creek only deals in walnut and oak, and most use automated systems to cut their product...so custom work is often not taken. That is why we are using other companies not to nickle and dime. I did talk to Nikki from WCH and she was very helpful and may possibly be able to help me out. Their customer service is outstanding!!

4. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

Communication and service is the name of the game----strikes do put you out. I try to please everyone as if it were myself on the buyer's end.

5. roostinridge

Also, if I may add--I think Peedeedeer and I have both posted if you guys need something or something different that the posts just PM us and we will be happy to try and serve your needs. And personally if I can't I will tell you so. Clair

6. peedeedeer

peedeedeer Bridges Custom Woodwork [email protected]

i cant agree with you more Clair. quality ,service and communication is key. if it is a wood i dont have,i do all i can to find it. as far as ambrosia and sapele, just a phone call away.

7. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

I cant believe they are doing this !!!! I talked to Rod for 20 min. on the phone one evening. Had great conversation and a few weeks later called to apologize for being so late. So you cant get mad when someone is communicating. All the friends they've made here and to just shut them out and everyone else that has dealings with them and hide like this is inexcuseable. Alot of good people on here stuck up for them myself included. :-[ I've personally seen their work and it was awesome but that means nothing if your word is no good. You try to give someone a break and be patient and then this.

Orion, I have to agree by week 3 that's it. It just gets harder and harder to believe any excuses any more after something like this. ......Jeff

8. TnT Mounts

TnT Mounts Where Every Animal is a Trophy

I finally got my plaques from Homemade Expressions. I had ordered about 40 euro plaques. Took about 7 weeks but they finally came thru. There price and quality is outstanding. I just ordered another 20
    plaques from them. Hopefully they will come thru with your orders or refund your money. I personally
    think they are great people and mean well but are just overwhelmed with the amount of orders they
    recieved this year. I know there customer service communications could be a lot better. I can't say
    I will recommend them to anyone right now but I will stick with them for now. Hopefully things will get
    better. Good luck.

9. coop1212

coop1212 Active Member

ms
    Bugman, I was same way. But enough is enough. I was quit on here longer because I didn't want to make them mad by callling them out in hopes that they would come through. But you can only lie and steal from me so much! I think that's why alot of folks were quite for so long. O well ,I will eat that $160 to save everyone else some $. And for the one guy on here that said he would keep doing business with them ,, put your money were your mouth is and send them $500 this afternoon ..

10. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio
    Wow... This list keeps growing.. Why the hell didn't you guys tell me about this?? lol.. My 50 bucks is starting to look like chump change..

I'd like to figure-out a total of what they owe everybody..

Me- $50
    Coop- $160
    Vince-$350

11. BearB8

BearB8 Active Member

Coop, I hear ya. I've been very quiet also and now no communication at all. And I'm futher out than 7 weeks and still no plaques. So how long does one wait before you have to order from someone else. I really needed those plaques in Nov. when I was suppose to get them. I know their work is awesome. I had one of their plaques in my hand. But come on let everyone know what is going on. And letting Orion hang out there on $50. Again all this over $50. Doesnt make much sense.

12. coop1212

coop1212 Active Member

ms
    I took one of mine to a friend of mine that makes cabinets in the side and told him to get to work.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

First off, I do not know the couple involved.
    Business is business,, if you can not make deliveries, then you shouldn't be in business. Making friends with customers is just plain stupid. Business first, friends second. I will always believe that a trust worthy business that delivers on time, is worth paying more for. Wallmart be damned. If you are in business, you should be there to make money, not to see how cheap you can make product for your friends. I have no problem paying more if the supplier is top shelf. If I had the capabilities, I'd love to be a plaque supplier, I have all the tooling, but lack the room. Suppliers here,, have come and gone. There is always someone new wanting some pie. If you want to hang around in any business, deliveries must be met, even if the supplier has "family problems".

14. So they are that far behind and still taking on work. I thought they were just on here talking about how they couldn't find anyone to help so it was just the two of them. Sounds a lot like the new taxidermist that undercuts everyone then goes out of business with his freezers full.
    I have no business with them, and never will, so I don't really have any part in this. What does tick me off though is when people use their personal problems to justify bad deals. PERSONAL PROBLEMS HAVE NO PLACE IN BUSINESS! Plain and simple. Now their personal problems have become the personal problems of how many people? Some of you take things a lot easier than I would. If you have the proof that you paid for something and it was supposed to be delivered at a certain time, they'd get once chance to refund my money. I don't want the product if I'm not going to be able to get it in time to make my deadline. After that one chance, It becomes theft. You payed for something that they did not produce and now they will not return your money.

15. MikeC

MikeC Proud Conservative

I have bought 5 turkey plaques from them in the past and never had a problem. Guess things might be different now but until I get screwed I will use them if I need something or John to make what I need as he is a master at woodworking.

16. harvest bc

harvest bc New Member

I dont' understand why everyone keeps complaining about these people there has been alot of compliaints about these folks so stop ordering and Ken should remove them from this site. If you want a nice quality piece of wood for any project that you need John is the man great to deal with . jmop

17. Smeja

Smeja New Member

I don't get why these people have been given second third and forth chances. Their business practices are at best questionable. Seems as if it your playing with fire. Works great at a lot of things, till it burns you.

18. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio
    If people keep supporting them, THERE NEVER GOING TO CHANGE..

It's amazing to me that so many people on here are "going to keep giving them there business", or "stay with them until they get screwed", etc, etc..

There screwing people over on this site, right now! YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR COMMUNITY... And yet you support them.. Really??

I TRUELY HOPE you 'supporters' get burnt a few times, and you loose some of YOUR MONEY, or YOUR customers money!

19. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

If i can help in any way im less than 60 miles from theit door......

20. roostinridge

I had an order from plaques tonight by telephone, the exposure came from this site. I estamate I will get his personal check about the middle of next week and I will ship his plaques by the end of next week. It is called communication and by talking to this person by telephone I won't have a problem----What the hell is so hard about it??? The busier ya get the harder you work, if ya get to much you just simply let the customer know or don't take the order. Sorry you guys are getting beat up.