1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bill Yox one on one training UPDATE and also Yoxathons info for 2011

Discussion in 'Training' started by Bill Yox, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Yes, I will once again be doing one on one training here at my studio this year! I know so many folks have patiently waited for me to get through some personal stuff but yes, I am staying here on my farm and with the studio and the live study deer. I will be scheduling one on one classes for this spring, so call just as soon as youre ready to pick a date. Classes are late May through mid August so dont wait.

Also, I will be teaming up with some old friends and some new hosts to do some more Yoxathons early this spring. We have many locations in mind, like southern Minnesota and central New Jersey for starters. I will post dates and locations just as soon as I can. We filled up many of these to capacity last season, so if youre ready to go, dont hesitate to contact me.

Call any time at 585-637-2450. Sometimes you can reach me at my cell, 585-330-9630. Thank you!

2. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Re: Bill Yox one on one training and also Yoxathons info for 2011

Central Jersey is perfect! Keep me posted ;)

3. Re: Bill Yox one on one training and also Yoxathons info for 2011

Can you pm me with pricing and whatever other info you can? I am interested and live in Colorado I am also a beginner.
    Thanks,
    Shawn

4. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

New England may have to bring back the Original Yoxathon as I have received a few request already this year as this is where it started! If folks in the New England area are interested contact Bill or my self and share the interest for a Summer event!

Great Stuff as always Bill!

Rick Krane

5. Re: Bill Yox one on one training and also Yoxathons info for 2011

If you are looking to up your game,do yourself a favor.This is a great opportunity to do so.Having been in on the original "Yox-athon",I can say this.Bill has a bag FULL of techniques to make your system a more efficient ,and anatomically correct one.The subtleties Bill will open your eyes to will amaze you!!Not to mention Bill is just a riot to hang out with.I did the Yox-athon @ Rick Krane's and never once talked fish with Rick!!!!! Highly recommended! Ed

6. GC24

GC24 New Member

more info for central jersey location please. Times, dates, price, location etc.

thanks Greg

7. Bill Yox

Thanks for asking, and like I said, call for details on the one on ones, and Ill post the Yoxathon dates once we get some scheduled. Thanks again.

8. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

you cant go wrong attending a Yoxathon!

9. Re: Bill Yox one on one training and also Yoxathons info for 2011

Bill, Count me in for Central New Jersey. I'll call you as soon as I see the dates posted to confirm. Thanks.

10. ChrisG

ChrisG New Member

Bill, I definitely want to attend a Yoxathon! (whichever one is closest to Ohio) I will watch for dates and locations. Thanks!

11. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I'm not familiar with a "Yoxathon". Is it like a seminar type session? I am in PA, but would be interested in attending one.

12. Bill Yox

This is from an earlier post...

" What is a Yoxathon?
    « on: July 21, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was asked this just this morning, so at the risk of taking over these forum pages, a brief explanation...

A Yoxathon is what the guys call my classes when I travel. I always had offered one on one classes here on my studio and farm, and they always seemed to run late into the evening or worse, lol, because I knew many of the students, and we just worked long hours when available. Well, with my upcoming divorce I wasnt comfortable offering the classes here at my farm, so I started travelling and doing a group class at different locations. When I began to announce these, past students chimed in to offer endorsements, and the topic of late nights always came up. They said it was a marathon class, and someone along the line coined the phrase Yoxathons from my name and the word marathon.

My Yoxathons are three day intense whitetail/gamehead classes in a small group setting, 5 to 6 students of any level, set in a host taxidermists shop. We have a lot of supplies donated by WASCO, McKenzie Sports Products, Ohio Taxidermy Supply, Aves Studio and Lou Bellman. In fact, almost all the materials youll need are supplied. We go into great detail in this class, yet the beginners seem to mesh very well with the advanced students probably because of the smaller group numbers and of course, our shared love for the art and the animal. "

Hope that helps you...

13. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

Yes, thanks. I guess I should have used the search box. Sounds like they would be lots of fun and a great learning tool as well!

14. Bill Yox

Thanks for the kind words and all the calls so far. Keep calling, Ill give you all the info. Let me know what areas youd like to see a Yoxathon come to, and Ill try. Thanks again.

15. mohuntenfool

mohuntenfool New Member

Do you ever come to the midwest? I may be interested if you do.

16. Bill Yox

Last year we did three in Illinois, one in Kansas and one in Texas. How midwest is that? Lol. We have tentative plans to do those locations again plus southern MN, NJ, and who knows where else!

17. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa

I'm thinking eastern Iowa, or even on your way from Mn to Illinois stop in my shop for a 1 on 1 class.

18. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

if you come to mn i am their for sure !!! can you pm me with the dates and price please i will love to get some new pointers from a great !!!
    Thank you for your time bill.....

19. Re: Bill Yox one on one training and also Yoxathons info for 2011

I will be in for Central NJ, let me know Bill.

20. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Any chance you will make it up to Alaska this year? Could do a bear, caribou, moose.. etc.. Not many whitetails running aorund..