1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

LEAST raunchy animal you've skinned

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mxgurl89, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I've seen posts commenting on the MOST smelly animals people have skinned, so forgive me if this has been posted before.

In your experience, what is the LEAST stinky critter y'all have skinned?

2. I have had foxes smell absolutely terrible and foxes with zero smell. I've had raunchy coyotes after rolling in something dead and yotes with zero smell. Same for bobcats, coons, the list goes on. I've had skunks that smell GOD AWEFUL and skunks that.......SMELL GOD AWEFUL!!!!

I guess I've had good and bad smells with pretty much everything!

Chris

3. As long as its fresh ... Nothing is that bad. Cows and Nanny/wether goats don't smell at all. Deer, bear, cougar, fox, coyote, elk all have a Special odor of their own.
    Mink, beaver, otter, ermine all REEK.

4. I haven't skinned anything yet, but I had a mink, a buck mink and you could smell the musk on him and he was tanned. Can't tell you how many times I used Febreeze on it and still the smell was there.

I don't see what is apealling about musk. lol

5. RageofAnath

RageofAnath Will make art for money or dead things.

Actually I skinned some ermine and didn't hit the scent glands, then they smelled somewhat sweet. It was quite pleasurable actually.

6. Beaglesweat

Beaglesweat Member

I could be blind folded and tell the difference between a moose, bear, caribou, and dall sheep. They all smell like money to me! ;D

7. RumRunner

RumRunner Nicholas Dugas, (337) 205-1269

never smelled a bad squirrel...

8. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

all ones personal preference, if that sounds right...i kinda like the smell of bucks heads around here, they all have that nice smell of hemlock in their burrs

9. Cathy

Cathy N.E.A.T President

Never had a smelly bobcat, gunshot wounds not withstanding.

10. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Call me strange but I like the smell of black bears.
    Ralph

11. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I've smelled some really bad kitties

12. I had a roadkill mink by my house that I always said smelled "pleasant". I don't know why, but I always heard that they had a strong musk. Now, since it was my first mink, when I DID find the scent gland and nicked it, well, the body went flying outta my shop pretty quick.

13. muscle20

muscle20 New Member

I love the smell of beavers and muskrats, never had one that smelled bad !