1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

trubond 1000

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by hounddoggy, Jan 7, 2011.

1. paul e

paul e New Member

best tan ive ever used

period!

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I absolutely HATE changing things. I like to find something I'm comfortable with and stick with it. I've used Lutan f for years and refused to try anything new. I was talking with Dennis Bragg and he actually talked me into trying some TruBond 1000. I ordered some and tried it on a whitetail the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. I know I'll be buying some more.

3. duxdown

duxdown New Member

I love the stuff!!!!!!!!!

4. babowhunter

babowhunter Man,I love this stuff!!

x2

5. Pinebear

Pinebear New Member

I've tanned 7 coons, 1 grey fox, 1 coyote, 9 beaver, 3 possums and a skunk for wallhangers so far this trapping season with 1000B, saftee acid and lipa solve 55 and it does a great job, the skins are softer than anything I've tried before. And I don't have a shaver or tumbler, all were hand shaved. Couple of the 25lb+ coons gave me fits with the fat and grease but I managed to get em done and they came out fine in the end. Good stuff.

6. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Do you need to add the oil to get the stretch or is the oil only for dry tans/wall hangers and rugs?

7. Pinebear

Pinebear New Member

No. they stretch as they dry quite easily without any oil applied boarhunter. I THINK there's oil in the mixture already.

8. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

I love the stuff

9. boarhunter67

Then why do they sell the oil? Is it for wall hangers? I'm considering getting some for wall hangers, but I want to make sure I get what I need and not more or less.

10. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Boarhunter, the TB1000 is all you'll need for your taxidermy work. No extra oil needed. The oil is sold for the folks that use the Permatan 2000, a submersible tan.

For your wallhangers the TB1000B has you covered too.

11. boarhunter67

Thanks.