1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Matts whitetail finishing class 8 hours ???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Big Tine, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

Hey Guys spent Wednesday at Matts studio and spent 8 hours going over finishing a deer,we did take a twenty minute break for lunch,It was an awesome experience to say the least,Although the class is geared toward finishing Matt went over alot more than that,If anyone gets a chance to go to a workshop with Matt it is well worth the money and time.Learning how to finish a deer and make it look alive without overpainting is the key and Matt has it down,I am just a part time taxidermist and thought my mounts were good but knew they wasn't the best,I still have a long way to go but after taking this class it has really helped My deer look better already, so a thanks to Matt for a great workshop.

Jim Sebastian Big Tine Taxidermy

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I had an idea that Matt knows his chit. Via pictures, his work is always clean and crisp, and has a nice finish. I'd say his class would be very worth taking.

3. Big Tine

Yeah antlerman my mount looked like chit next to his when i got there but i was very happy with it when i left It was a great help and i am excited to apply everything to my next mounts. Have a Great Day

4. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks Jim, it was a pleasure having you in the studio for the day. I am glad you were able to take something home from my course. Thanks Tim for the kind words, I appreciate it.

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

No problem Matt. Iz callz it the wayz Iz seez it. Anyone who knows me knows I don't blow roses up anyones azzez. Your work always looks nice. Good Luck with your classes. I think you have much to offer.

6. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Matt is at the top of his game. You bring a nice soft and realistic appearance to your mounts. I have seen this first hand at the OTA show. You bring them back to life.....Money well spent.

7. Would just like to add that I have sent PM's to Matt on several occasions and he has always responded and was very courteous and professional

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

That wouldn't work for me, I need more than 20 minutes for lunch! ;)

Sounds like you learned a lot, so I'd say it was money well spent. Cool beans!

9. Only way I would take his class would be if we had a couple day's of hunting after all the work was done! ;D

JK, love Matt's work as well. ;)

10. Big Tine

Man you guys after seeing the quality of work Matt is putting out just make ME want to work harder not only to get better at taxidermy but improve my clientele and that is probable the most valuable piece of advice i learned in Matts studio and he didn't mention one word about that, I just picked up on it ,seriously if you guys want to improve your skills in taxidermy take a workshop with MATT.

11. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks again Jim, I appreciate the kind words. Hey Dennis, I would be up for that, but I want to go hunting with you!(LOL)

12. Something tells me we could make that work Matt! ;)