1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Metal Ear Tag

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mooser, Jan 9, 2011.

1. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

If someone does something as dis Honest and LOW as this .......There are ways of getting this guy without putting yourself in the corner (That's Why God gave use brains).......... And it would not harm your business.........On the other hand if your worried about loosing this particular client then well...........Shame on you lol

But if this is an attack at a guy after he's Teed you off and your doing it for a revenge then you are just as bad as he is...........

2. Tom, eventually if we keep coming up with our own scenarios and hypothetical questions you will get me to say what you want to hear. As this was presented in the first post, It is not up to me to judge this guy for what he may have done, God will do that as well. ;)

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Randy, you're right. I am confused. I'm wondering why a couple of you guys aren't in Rome going through the beatification rites along with Pope Paul. If half of you had half the morals you're pontificating, you wouldn't have even thought some of the thngs you've said here in the past, much less typed them out. As Dennis just wrote, NONE OF YOU know any of this to be true yet you're squawking like baby magpies to "turn him in". TO WHOM???

4. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

you're reading in. As well, when that questionable specimen or situation comes in, it could well be a sting. Don't believe me? Ask Greg Harvey how that can work out. I didn't say anything about turning anyone in, I just emcourage anyone to use good judgement and discretion, having integrity. Take a job in regardless the situation? Poor judgement, or poor character. But shame on you for deriding people for taking the high road.

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

"Hey look, an Eagle!" -------->>>

6. lol, I think you may have tried to shoot that eagle Bill, I'll look into it more and report you to the authorities. ;)

7. TD

Who said anything about Judging ..........if you catch a Cheater or a Thief ,that's not judging....
    I can see both sides though...........
    I agree that you should not accuse anyone of something on Speculation.........that definitely wouldn't be smart..........

8. TD

I have had and I imagine allot of you have too.............had people asking about mounting road kill hawks and Owls..............I just warn them about the laws and NO way I will touch it...........
    I'm not a law officer and I'm not going RAT them out..........Only warn them........

This is an argument that can go on forever LOL...........

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Tom, both you and Randy are STILL off base. You're talking about ILLEGAL activities or a client trying to put YOU into a situation where YOU end up running afoul of the law. It's YOU TWO grasping at straws now as THIS POST was about the POSSIBILITY that a client was trying to get his name in some silly "record book".

10. deerhunterdon

deerhunterdon New Member

Mi
    yup George I agree with you, If I know that a guy broke the law and he did it intentionally, I will not hide it. and depending on how severely he broke the law I will report it. If hes trying to get in a record book , I will not help him , but theres no law being broken so , whats to report and to whom. And that's assuming I knew he was breaking their (record holders) rules. If I only suspected, but no real evidence. I have no probable cause to accuse.

11. DCon

DCon New Member

That plus the fact that he was trying to claim it as a Texas kill, then in N.M. You don't know if he violated tagging and checkin laws or not? Among other things, such as illegal transport of a animal from a CWd state in to a clean state. May not have been a violation where it happened, but would have been in my state and several others that do keep track of taxidermist records and do routine inspections of the work in a shop. When it comes in, you record the harvest information. If the guy said it was a wild kill in Texas, then it had to have a Texas number, so on with N.M. Bottom line is if you want take in stuff from crudes like this guy, then you'll soon have all that illegal business in town. Who wants that?

12. Bill Yox

(sigh) Saying "Look, an eagle!" is a tongue in cheek way for someone who wants to distract two people from something theyre doing.

13. deerhunterdon

deerhunterdon New Member

Mi
    might have worked better in philldelphia, lol!

14. There is several Holier than thou people posting here. You can beat a dollar to a donut you will not be in business long if you go running your mouth off about when, where you think everything is killed. even the legal hunters will begin to think you are just trying to make your ass look good to the wardens.

It should be your hunting ethics you are concerned with, not the other persons.

But if you think you are without sin call the wardens and see what happens.

15. So I bought some deer years ago from a breeder in Iowa, he is also a well known taxidermist. about a year later someone broke the lock off the pen and the deer got away. The bucks were killed legally and within the law and were escaped. So does that make them illegal if they crossed state lines?

The answer is no even if they have tattoos on the lips.

16. Bill Yox

What if a meteor came crashing down, hit the guys house, but his permit info was over at his office, but his secratary, hearing what happened at the house, was so distraught she accidently spilled water she was watering the plants with and it messed up his permit paperwork, and then...

17. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Bill you got lured back in. lol

18. bubba z

bubba z New Member

What state was his hunting license in that he gave you for your records to protect yourself if he had a license and tagged the animal then your covered if you get checked so who cares about what he did or does with it. The record books are full of illegally taken and pen raised animals so let them worry about that not the taxidermist. If somebody brings me an animal and has a license number and all the correct paperwork I'm covered so I wouldn't give a damn how it got killed. Let fish and game worry with it and as long as your covered if they come checking just mount it and get paid and move on. Dead animals can't tell tales thank goodness for all of us

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

NO IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As stated BEFORE, elk are not indigenous of Texas and therefor considered exotics. Only a hunting license is needed, THERE ARE NO TAGS FOR ELK OR RECORDS! Hell for that matter, them (Elk) being exotics can even be hunted by spotlight at night which would be considered illegal for a Texas GAME animal such as whitetail, muledeer, javelina, etc..

Let me put this in the plainish english I can DCon....THERE IS NO DAMN ELK TAG IN TEXAS.....NONE, NADA (INCASE YOU NEED SPANISH ALSO :) ).....BUT IN ANY LANGUAGE THERE IS NO ELK TAG IN TEXAS.....ONCE AGAIN, THERE IS NO ELK TAG IN TEXAS......REPEAT AFTER ME.....THERE IS NOT A ****ING ELK TAG IN TEXAS!

20. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    So Michael basically this whole scenario is like someone in Ohio going to a game farm here and shooting an elk that
    was bought or brought here from another state to shoot.