1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Metal Ear Tag

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mooser, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Dark Man

Dark Man Well-Known Member

Wisconsin doesn't have an elk hunting season,don't know why there would be a metal tag with the states name on it.If he did shoot it here it was probably from a fenced in hunt.

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

could be, or as said earlier it coild have been wild. How do you think our free ranging axis an blackbuck populations got started......by getting out of enclosures and breeding. You should see the HUGE escalation of Aoudad in the Rock Springs area!

3. franchi612

franchi612 New Member

WDNR captures and tags the wild elk in the Clam Lake herd. I think the tags say WI in case the animal is recovered elsewhere, and they are numbered. They are ear tags like cattle tags. The used to use radio tags but I don't think they have done that in years. I have no idea what kind of tagging system captive farms have to use. No one can say unequivically what happened here. Maybe the guy is just trying to cheat the books. Maybe it was shot illegally. Maybe its a replacement cape. I'm not a judge nor a warden. Unless the person specifically told me they violated it, then who am I to say if it was indeed poached.

4. DCon

DCon New Member

ML, I get it already, explains why he's switching his story to MM. so he could validate it as a wild kill.

Does Texas allow import of farmed cervids from a CWD positive state alive. What are rules concerning dead cervids(cakes or to cape out).

5. bowkill

bowkill New Member

This was a simple one I would of handed him the tag when I gave him his elk back. If he did do something wrong let that and the knowledge I possibly know weigh on him not me. I'm not responsible for his feelings.

6. deerhunterdon

deerhunterdon New Member

Mi
    should have mounted it with the tag in it! LOL