1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

For those of you who hate ticks...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by joeym, Jan 10, 2011.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I don't like working with capes that have been sprayed with insecticide, especially if I'm gonna have them in my face 14 hrs a day. Some of the deer I'm taking in are livid with ticks. I can handle just about anything, except, a tick crawling up the back of my neck. In desperation, I took a dab of Vap-O-Rub and smeared it across the back of my neck. It repels them some, or they get mired in it trying to crawl upward, and are easy to remove, even while wearing gloves. Sure helps! Now, if I can just develop a way to keep them off a few other places they like to hide. LOL!

2. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Dang it Joey, now I feel like they are crawling all over me.

3. AUplantman

AUplantman New Member

I cant stand them! that is why all heads go in the deep freezer for a couple of days. as I get in more, I take out the frozen ones and IN go the fresh ones! Only tward the end of the season do I start running short on room. :(

4. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

We freeze them all anymore.

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I don't have freezer space for what comes in during the peak of the rut....I just have to dig in and get them caped out.