1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #24 March 16 2007- March 22 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 16, 2007.

1. NINETOE

NINETOE New Member

300Savage, Nope they have the real head. A little epoxy sculpt for the shrinkage.

2. Pine Ridge

Pine Ridge New Member

Rick, can you post a picture of the finished Steel Head you did for the Michigan convention? Thank You for the GREAT seminar!

Earl Riske

3. den007

den007 Active Member

Not the clearest pic, but it shows a nice S-curve Lou Wynia puts into his replicas.

4. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Love that palomino Gary ;).Nice fish to all.

I have two to post from the studios of Greg Stehling & Son's.

Reproduction LMB 26".... this fish was as black as they get above the lateral line. The pic our customer provided us showed the colors even darker, but we decided to lighten it up a bit. For a retail client in Florida. Blank from Warrens tax.
    [​IMG]

Two skin mount crappies for a retail client in Virginia. Custom carved bodies.On the lighter phase end of things ....
    [​IMG]

have a good week 8)

5. den007

den007 Active Member

Upper dentures came standard with this beast. Finally go it into focus.

6. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

I dont do many fish but here is a golden trout and a LM bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

Great fish this week everyone.I should have a fish to post in a few weeks if I can find a form to fit.

8. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Hey gang!

What a tremendous show out here in Michigan!!!! It is a must and you have to come out to the big time family outting like atmosphere and see some real resident legends of the business who happen to be Legends of the industry too. I could name who's who out here but I would be writing for a while! I will be posting some cool pictures of fish from the show when I get home.

I really think we are off to a strong showing this week!!!

Don!!!! Love the Brookie my friend! Congrads to on your showing in PA it was nice to have meet you!

Hey Bill!!! Wild Muskie! I think that is a aw some job!!!

Hey Mike what a cool toothy little guy! I have never seen a Black piranha! Thanks for sharing that cool stuff!

Hey Doug Sweet carving!!!! Great Crappie too!!!

Monty!!! My man what a super job on the Oscar!!! Cool paint work too!!!!

Jerry really nice Bass!!!! Nice eye set too!

Hey Dan!!! Very muskie very muskie in deed! It is a Muskie weekend! Great work!

Nine toes!!!! LOL! You have sense of humor you'll need it some days! Great Crappies my friend! Your welcome by the way!! I hope you enjoy it!

Todd!!!! Walleyes!!!! Great job man!!! You guys sure gets some good ones! Very nice work!!!

GB!!!!!!!! PALININO!!!!! What a great fish for your customer! Greta work is recognised by its own merit! This fish has great merit! Sorry I missed you in PA!

Pine Ridge I sure will!

Denny I thought you got abducted or some thing? Well good to see you back from among the missing and you brought a "Muskie" Super job My friend!!!! You have been missed.

Hey Aaron!!! Nice Bass and Really NICE crappie!!! You guys do some tremendous work!!!!!

Hey Kevin H!!! That is some cool fish you show this week to the masses! I really like that Palomino and the bass is really nice too! Great stuff!!!

OK Off to never never land!

Have a great week!

Rick

9. Musky I just finished, 1st time posting a pic,, tail came out dark

10. Rick Krane

Jim!!! Very Nice Muskie! I think George is rubbing off!!! Good stuff!!!

OK I have to do the proud friend of Jimmy Lawrence thing tonight! A friend and a past student Jimmy Lawrence wow his first blue and lots of other cool stuff at his state show in IA. BEST REPRODUCTION, POLYTRANSPAR AWARD Masters division! I can't tell you how proud I ma so here is the picture of the fish at the show! Hard work does pay off!!!

Rick

11. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Sorry guys but I dont post to much maybe it will change with the fish season coming around ! Any how I figured this week I had something almost worthy enough to post with all the masters on the fish site. Let me say its not perfect by any means. Also sorry for the bad pictures side angles are a better view of it.
    [​IMG]

12. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Wildwings!!! Great to see another guy from Iowa on here. Your crappie was very nice. Keep posting.

13. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Thanks Jimmy your fish was awesome. Fortunately (J/K) I'm actually from MN but live right on the boarder of MN and IA so I goto the ITA since its closer and a great show. I cant wait to see what you bring next year to the Comp.

14. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Wow I need to check in here more often...What nice fish I have been missing out on....

15. featherhead

featherhead Member

Rick, I was looking in the training froum at some of your students work and they are all AWESOME fish.Good work is only as good as the teacher.Work like that is hard to teach and your students have such great talent as well.Tell me,are the fins on the carved forms the originals or are they all cast?

16. Rick Krane

Wild wings!! Fantastic and congrads my friend!!! WOW Iowa sure has some great fish work!!!

Feather head! Some times it is yes and no. I do teach ans we do use casted fin and some times we will use the real fins. as taxidermy we need to know all aspects and not be limited in my opinion. Great question!

Rick

17. danbrezshinski

danbrezshinski New Member

here is a joke i made for two of my good freinds with fintastic senses of humor ;D i hope i did it right

18. Rick Krane

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Here's the tuna repro I posted a while back, with an upgrade.I made a cast of a Mackerel a few years ago and talked the charter captain into the upgrade....CAAAACHING$$.I've also used these baitfish with striped bass.

20. UFD

UFD New Member

Great fish, everyone! Dougp, your Rock Bass carving is a joy to view. Jimmy, big high-five on your Steelhead mount for the Iowa show!!

Well, I've been out of the loop here for a little while, but as a modest addition to the Friday Fish Pics, here is a Chinook I finished yesterday. It is a replica (JG Replicas RCK5) that is 42.5" x 26.5" and was done to represent a Springer (early spring river run fish fresh from the ocean) for a client. Not much else to say about it, but I've included a picture taken indoors in incandescent light and one outside in overcast conditions - it's amazing how lighting and angles can change the look of the coloration on a fish mount.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]