1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #24 March 16 2007- March 22 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 16, 2007.

1. UFD

UFD New Member

JL, those Mackeral baitfish are a great addition to the Tuna!

2. dougp

dougp Active Member

UFD.....thank you ;D All I can say is ....you are an amazing artist! You represent what I have been chasing all my 30+ years in business. Guys like you and Rick Krane are the modern Carl Akeley's and Leon Pray's of our fish art. Just....Awesome!! I would hope someday we could have a good beer together, eh? BTW...I like the avatar ;) I'm almost there ;D

3. dougp

dougp Active Member

JL......Very nice "upgrade" ;) I may need some advice from you in the future about maintaining a "positive longevity" in this business. My hat is off to you sir... :)

4. den007

den007 Active Member

Dave, the second I saw that "chromer" I knew it had to be yours. Awesome is right! As for the "reverse curve" Mohawk........I use gold "tipping" on mine and it comes out great! lol

5. den007

den007 Active Member

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of a picture that is good enough to get the kind of detail in other pictures? I had to cut mine down to 850 by 650 for the post and the edges are all fuzzy etc. I thought I had posted larger pixel dimensions in the past, but had to cut this down from 900 x600 and it made a not so good difference.

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

den007, I'm not sure why but your file size is only 15KB. Your pixel count is good but your losing detail somewhere. Your pixel count should remain where it is w/ a file size of about 125KB.

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot UFD!!! It was partly because of your AMAZING blank that got me there. You have a phenominal product I love your fish. It looks awesome. I love this chain.

8. UFD

UFD New Member

Thanks, Doug! I hope I get to see some of your fish in person someday, because I'm REALLY liking what I see in your photos of them. A fish BS session over a drink is a great idea I'd definitely look forward to, even if it might just be a good "root" beer for me (or Coke Slurpee, Oreo milkshake, or whatever it takes to keep me at my "fighting" weight - LOL!)

Dennis, it is tough to say what is happening with your resizing software, but Cole is correct in that your file size shouldn't be so low. When you resize, you can usually select both the pixel size and a quality or compression rate, so make sure that the "compression" isn't set too high. I try to compress them very little when resizing, unless the file size was originally very high. The musky looks great, though, even through the blur!

Jimmy, if you get a chance and don't mind, e-mail me a larger picture (if possible) of your Steelhead and habitat with the ribbon...

9. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

UFD, another great salmon.Like the musky WildBill.dougp love the carving.

10. big al

big al Guest

Cool mounts

11. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

That was way to close for comfort. Damm I thought I was looking in the mirror but then again that was me in my younger day when I had a full head of hair and wasn't married. Great look alike........

12. PercaFluviatilis

PercaFluviatilis ...I hunt , therefore I am...

Beautiful fishes. Here is mine, European perch (Perca fluviatilis). It differs a bit from yellow perch in colours. I'm beginner.

13. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Pf: Welcome aboard!! Nice to see another person who prefers perch.

14. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Nice E. perch, Pf.

15. jeniffer

jeniffer New Member

I have been mounting fish for about a year all wall mounts until this one.
    This is a 4lb 8oz bass that I caught last spring I used it to experiment with..

16. Great fish Kentucky and love the base. What did you use to make that water?

17. jeniffer

jeniffer New Member

It's a mixture of wonder water, evirotext & polytranspar.
    The base itself is a reject cabinet door from the furniture factory that I worked at with a few modifications..

18. htc

htc New Member

Awsome fish to everyone!!!!