1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

snaring coyote question

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by trophybirds.com, Jan 11, 2011.

1. im going to try and snare a couple to have done to put in my showroom.typically does snaring cause any damage to the fur?

2. I would think any damage would be minimal provided you use the snares with non-relaxing locks.

3. no will not damage the fur although may get some bruising

4. Guerra

Guerra New Member

I prefer snares myself. No damage as long as you dispatch your Yote right away.

5. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

If you can use a Bridger cam lock, once the loop falls on em, their dead in about 10 seconds. They pull tighter and tighter and basically choke themselves out. Zero damage..

Hoytman

6. burdman

burdman New Member

Make sure you check your regulations on snares. Ours can only close to 2 1/2" in diameter, may vary by state.

7. burdman

burdman New Member

The furbuyer I sell to says that the bruising caused by snares can cause slippage. Not sure if that is true or not.

8. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Not sure about bruising and slippage. Just about every fox I catch has bruising in the line the cable went, but at the cold temps we got.. Their pretty muck solid as a rock.. Have had zero slippage associated with snaring.

9. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Furbuyers have all kinds of little tales they use as an excuse to discount your catch.