1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Forum Speed has really increased

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by joeym, Aug 31, 2006.

1. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I was really discouraged last night at the lethargically slow speed of navigating the forum. Today it is great. Ken, you have performed miracles and I thank you so much. I am a old-fashioned and did not like the change, especially the slow speed. In a short while we will all be pro's at using the many options that this new format offers...Thanks again

2. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I have to agree. I have old slow dial up here at home. There is a BIG difference! Way to go Ken!
    Hey! and spell check to!!! ;D

3. -Ken

-Ken Guest

For the second time in one week we have moved the Forums to a new server. It will take 12 to 36 hours before most of the members can see this new version of the Forum. That is why the number of users is so low. Until I am able to access the Forum through the front door, I cannot resolve all of the broken graphic links. We are still working on it, so please bear with us. Thanks.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Ken, I have little white boxes with red X's in them every where, I even re booted the computer and they are still there. All the icons are white boxes. I know you are busy, I just thought you might need to know this.

5. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

This was a temporary problem, caused by the fact that for the second time in one week we have moved the Forums to a new server to improve performance. It should be fixed now. Thanks, Mr. T.

6. Great Job Ken!
    The site is alot faster now. Appreciate the work you put into the forum.

7. Up to speed. Memories of 56k modem.Thank God its fixed.

Rich

8. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Waaaaaay faster, but some of the pictures don't work. Some do some don't. Still being remodeled?? Great job Ken! Crusty..

9. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Tom, apparently some of the pictures posted yesterday did not survive the transition. If anyone sees that the photos in their post are not loading, they can edit their original post and resubmit the photos.