1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bubbles in clear on fish finish. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Yngsparrow, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Yngsparrow

Yngsparrow New Member

Trying to figure out what happened and if there is any way to fix it. I have several dozen bubbles in the clear coat that I just put on 2 largemouth fish (real skin) I had my sprayer at about 40 lbs which I have just before the sprayer and a water collector as well. I was using the aqua clear from Rinehart. Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong and how can I fix the ones that are done. Can I skuff them lightly and give them another coat at a different pressure?

2. Yngsparrow

Yngsparrow New Member

No other thoughts on this?

3. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

Try the fish section, you may get more help there ;D

4. Roger Ralph

Roger Ralph Member

WY
    I would say heat your fish with a hair dryer first, spray your clear, then hit it with some warm air after you spray.

5. X2 The bubbles will rise to the top with the heat.

6. jasonthurst

jasonthurst New Member

usually bubbles in the clear coat are cause by oils or a type of contaminate there are things you can do to fix this with out alot of effort. this is what i would do take a pieace of 2000 grit wet sand paper and lightly break the end of the bubbles open this will let the clear breath then take hot water with a little bit of soap and clean it very well and make sure its very dry before applying a new coat of clear. but before you clear it put a tack coat on it and let that dry good. if they are small bubble that look like its kinda seedy its solvent popping and that is cause by to much air pressure and not enough time in between coats. depending on the type of gun your using and the tip size the air pressure should be between 28-32 pounds hope this helps bud