1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy Info. and Pics.

Discussion in 'Training' started by Randy Hamson, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy Visit our web site at www.stoneyhills.com today! ;D Wanted to post a couple of photos of 2007 Moose hunt that I was invited on with former student and apprentice Morgan Barrowcliff of Homer Alaska. Many thanks again and what a great guide you are!!!

2. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Class of February 2007

3. country-captn

country-captn New Member

I just finished up a Taxidermy class at Stoney Hills School Of Taxidermy, "http://www.stoneyhills.com". I highly recommend this class. There was allot of teacher student time. I felt like I got everything and more than what I was expecting. He does awesome work and does everything he can to make your work turn out great. Ill post a picture of the work that I did in the one month class. Ill post some pictures of the work that im doing right now at Stoney Hills School Of Taxidermy in the future.
    Check out the school at, www.stoneyhills.com
    To contact me:
    Morgan Barrowcliff
    Homer, Alaska
    (907) 399-3180

4. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Congradulations to Marc Gaines(Concord IL)....what a great month of class....I look forward to working with you in the near future...keep up the great work!!!!

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson
    Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy

5. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Hey...just wanted to get that great Pin Tail posted also...thanks again

6. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Go Big Red[/b]...Jon Marroquin (Seward Nebraska)....Jon's focus was on mammals .... the animals where fleshed, preped and mounted in 3 weeks...great job!!!

7. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Congratulations to Ashely Keys (Tisdale Saskatchewan) and Chris Denny (Brainerd MN) ....What an awesome job!!! I look forward to seeing future work from both of you...April 2007 Class

8. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

April Class 2007
    Again...some great work!!

9. syliniemi

syliniemi New Member

I am writing this letter of recommendation in Support of Stoney Hills Taxidermy School, owned and operated by Randy Hamson. Two years ago I was looking for a career change, I began looking for a Taxidermy School. I researched many different schools and choose Stoney Hills because I felt it best met my needs and career goals. The school has a strong focus on the basics of Taxidermy, and expanded courses on subjects of interest.
    I was able to recieve personalized attention from Randy suited for what I wanted to do after school. Rand spent time on details, tips, and techniques that matter in the competitive taxidermy business today. In an advance course on competitve mounting Randy taught more involved techniques that are not normally used in comercial mounting. Randy also offers after school support, he is always willing to answer questions and lend an ear.
    After attending Stoney Hills Taxidermy School, I not only feel totally comfortable with customer demands but I also am totally confident in entering taxidermy competitions, competing with the best in the business. I have pride in my own work knowing that I have learned from a true master of the art of taxidermy. I would recommend Stoney Hills Taxidermy School to anyone who wants to learn taxidermy.
    Scott Yliniemi
    Owner and Operator of Hide and Finn Taxidermy
    South Dakota Taxidermy Show "Best of Catagory"
    National Taxidermy Competition "1st place Commercial Division"

10. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Wow!!! Thank you very much Scott for the recommendation...as always, I look forward to working on future projects that come your way...feel free to call or stop by anytime...Thanks again!
    P.S Here's picture of Scotts's deer ....Congrats on your Awards!!

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson

11. Marc Gaines

Marc Gaines New Member

Having the opportunity to work with randy was one of a kind. I recommend this coarse to anyone who wishes to get started in taxidermy. Not only did I learn alot but, i had the most fun that i could possibly have. He really went above and beyond all other teachers. I couldnt have asked for anything better. I just dont see how you can learn what i learned in the same amount of time with 10 other people in the class. the low student to teacher ratio was perfect along with many other things in the class. I HIGHLY recommend this class to anyone wishing to pursue this career. ;D.
    Marc Gaines

12. Helicity

Helicity Squirrels – Natures Road Bumps

wow cute class...er i mean work :)

13. You hussy, lol

14. Helicity

Helicity Squirrels – Natures Road Bumps

so?

15. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Did that guy ever send you the camo? We havent seen it.

16. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

The following pictures are of Morgan Barowcliff last winter...Morgan took our February 2007 class and then stayed on for an apprenticeship program which allowed him to complete the additional mounts for his clients back in Alaska...If any one is interested in doing an apprenticeship, feel free to call or email me at Phone: 320-749-2128 Email: [email protected]

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson

17. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

More Pictures...Thanks

18. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Update for our September 2007 class.....We will be changing the dates from Sept. 3 through Sept. Sept. 28 to the following dates:
    Sept. 24th through Oct. 19th....We do still have room for one more person if interested!!!
    Feel free to call me at 320-749-2128

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson

19. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Thanks again for the great hunt Morgan...Look forward to working with you again this upcoming Winter!

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson

20. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Hey Jeff...What a great pleasure it was working with a southern gentlemen...can't wait to see more work from you in the future!!!
    Enjoy some work from Jeff Hopper of Weatherwood, Texas.