1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy Info. and Pics.

Discussion in 'Training' started by Randy Hamson, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

A few more of Jeff's photos ... great job Jeff !!

2. Helicity

Helicity Squirrels – Natures Road Bumps

I liek your work and wanted to look at your website so i wanted to tell you its down

3. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Thanks Helicity...give me a call if you have any questions on your taxidermy endeavors!

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson

4. Gunner Dan

Gunner Dan New Member

I would like to give a special thanks to Master Taxidermist Randy Hamson at Stoney Hills Taxidermy for all his hard work this last month. I am currently a fulltime police officer and was looking for something else to do as a side job. I attended the February class at Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy and had an excellent time. When I decided I wanted to go to a taxidermy school I had to find one. I was worried about making the right decision which school to attend. I met with Randy at the school and knew i wanted to attend his school. I can honestly say it was worth every dollar spent on the class. A month ago i had no clue about taxidermy and now i have a great foundation for fish, birds, life size mammals, and game heads, ect. If you are considering a school to learn taxidermy I would recommend Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy.

Thank You Joe and Morgan for all the help during the class also.

Dan Kruchowski

5. weaselnuts4u

weaselnuts4u New Member

I would like to thank Randy Hamson, Master Taxidermist, and his staff of Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy for his instruction in the last month. I enrolled in Randy's class in February of 2008 without having any previous experience in taxidermy. The class was an awesome learning experience and I feel I have a great foundation to build on. During the four weeks of class, I completed eight mounts, giving me a well rounded understanding of the different areas of taxidermy. The mounts included; 1 whitetail shoulder mount, 1 antler plaque, 1 duck, 1 upland bird, 1 rug, 2 fish, and 1 lifesize small mammal. This also included instruction on air brush painting and habitat and base building.
    You want small class sizes with individualized attention?? Stoney Hills has exactly that. I was in a class of four students and three instructors (Randy and two assistants, Joe Achman and Morgan Barrowcliff). Any time I had a question, there was always someone there to answer them. Randy always goes the extra mile to make sure we are getting what we need to be successful. For example, Randy brings in two other taxidermist, specializing in birds and fish respectively, to teach those areas. Also, Randy provides all the tools you will need while enrolled in his class. There was never a time when we needed a tool and didn't have it readily available. I would HIGHLY reccommend Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy to anyone interested in learning the art of taxidermy. Once again, THANK YOU to Randy and his staff for sharing all your knowledge and experience!!!

-Joe Van Heel

6. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate our February 2008 class ( Luke Ostrowski, Dan Kruchowski, Joe Van Heel and Jermiah Denzer) for completing the following mounts during our 4 week training program! You were an awesome group of gentlemen to work with and look forward to hearing and seeing your future accomplishments.

Best Regards,
    Randy Hamson
    Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy

PS...Thank you very much Dan and Joe for your kind words...its was my pleasure and look forward to seeing you guys in the future!!

7. Gunner Dan

Gunner Dan New Member

Hi Randy,

Just wanted to let you know I finally have the shop squared away and have started doing taxidermy. Fleshing is going well and I hope to be tanning in the next week. Tommorrow I will be mounting a goose.

Hope all is well,

Dan Kruchowski

8. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Hey Dan...excellent, give me a call if you need any assistance or advice....

Randy Hamson

9. tyke

tyke New Member

Hey Randy,
    Looks like your school is doing well. Congratulations....hope you're having fun.
    Happy Spring! Anita

10. Gunner Dan

Gunner Dan New Member

Hi Randy,

Just to let you know so far I mounted a Ross Goose, fleshed and salted a deer cape, and I will be fleshing a coyote in the morning to mount. Having fun, thanks for everything.

Dan Kruchowski

11. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy February 2008 class Photos:
    1st Photo...Rob Christensen teaching our February fish course, Rob has had to many world national and state awards to mention and has been a judge for many years...we are very fortunate to have Rob as an instructor!
    2nd Photo...students working in our new facility completed in January 2008! 3rd Photo...Joe Van Heel with his completed coyote!

Thanks again to the Feb. 2008 class!!

Randy Hamson

12. duff83

duff83 what i have in my heart, ill take to my grave

now thats a sharp yote :)

13. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Wanted to share some projects in progress...Bart's wolf was mounted last Friday...Along with Andy's Grey Fox and Rob's coyote...will post fisnished mounts at end of April.

Randy

14. Gunner Dan

Gunner Dan New Member

Hi Randy,

Well wanted to let you know I mounted a crappie, largemouth bass, and tanned a deer hide, and three coyotes. The tanning turned out a success. I have been having fun and am finding out taxidermy is addicting and my fulltime job is getting in the way of my taxidermy time. Also my Dakota Five works great and I haven't cut myself, yet.

Thanks Again,

Dan Kruchowski

15. Andrew Pietron

Andrew Pietron New Member

My name is Andy and I recently finished school at Stoney Hills School of taxidermy . I was extremely satisfied with the hands on learning and attention I received from Randy. We were taken step by step through the processes involved in mounting fish, game heads, birds, life size mammals, and more Randy was right there to answer all of my questions. I would recommend this school to anyone who is interested in learning the art of taxidermy. I had a lot of fun in the class and learned more than I thought was possible. Randy Hamson is one of the best and he is a excellent teacher. Thanks Randy

16. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Thank you Andy for your kind review....The Class of April 2008 was completed by Bart Harrison of New York, Andy Pietron of Minnesota and Rob Severance of South Dakota. We mounted the following items during a 4 week time span. All specimens were skinned, fleshed, tanned, mounted and painted by the above students. The habitat bases were also completed during this time.
    Congrats to the three of you for such an awesome and diligent attitude!

Best Regards,
    Randy Hamson

PS..I will post more pictures in near future!

17. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Life-size wolf of Bart's, Rob's Coyote and Andy's grey fox:

18. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Rob's northern/ice ledge...Bart's bass/lilly pads...Andy's walleye/ice ledge

19. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Andy's pheasant/base....Rob's Mallard/base....Bart's Pheasant/base
    Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy--April 2008 Class

20. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Thanks again to the Aprill 2008 class for such a great experience and look forward to seeing future accomplishments!!

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson