1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy Info. and Pics.

Discussion in 'Training' started by Randy Hamson, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Morgan with his finished Brown Bear mount. I will post some additional photos at the Minnesota State show and the results latter. Morgan has worked at Stoney Hills Taxidermy and School for the past 4 years as an apprentice. Great Job!

[​IMG]

2. wayne54

wayne54 New Member

I've heard a lot of positive things about Stoney Hill School. There are only a few good taxidermy schools around and I am thinking of taking classes there. I've attended a tech school until now and mounting was a long-time hobby of mine. My uncle did it his whole life and I learned some stuff from him.

The mounted bear looks awesome, great job! Wish I could do works like these shown in the pics.

3. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Hey...Thanks Wayne and look forward to working with you in the future. The following is a photo of our April 2009 class! I can't say enough about the great students that we get for our classes, its always my pleasure to share the taxidermy that they have accomplished. The students are Steve Classeman and Brittany Ross, both from Minnesota.

[​IMG]

I will post closeups in the next couple of days...sorry for the delay!

Randy Hamson
    Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy

4. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Here are some close ups of Brittany Ross, congratulations on a great job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Randy Hamson
    320-749-2128
    www.stoneyhills.com

5. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Thanks again for your patience...these are some of the projects that Steve Classmann of Little Falls,MN completed during our April class. Congratulations on a great job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best of Luck
    Randy Hamson

6. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Brittany came back last week for some follow up training and mounted a customers elk.

[​IMG]

If anyone has any questions about our training program feel free to call me at 320-749-2128 or email me at [email protected]

Best of Luck Brittany!

7. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Congrats to Morgan Barrowcliff!! He did very well at the Minnesota State Competition, he was awarded the following:

1st Ribbon in the Professional Division
    Best Professional Large Mammal
    Best Professional mount at show
    Terry Apel Award

Keep up the great work!

Randy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. marcgaines89

marcgaines89 New Member

Hey Randy,
    Its been two years since i finished your class and i must say you are one great teacher. I often suprise myself with things that you taught me that i should have forgotten long ago. ;D My business is booming right now, though ive slowed down on birds, ive almost got enough work to go full time. I couldnt be happier cant wait to send you pictures of my new showroom!
    TEACHER OF THE YEAR!!!

9. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Hey Mark...good to hear from you! Sounds like things are going well for you. Feel free to call or email anytime with questions. I think that you deserve another trip to Minnesota and we'll try some more Musky fishing. Give me a call sometime and we'll make arrangements!

Thanks for the kind words,
    Randy Hamson

10. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Congratulations to Jason Johnston, Wisconsin and Michael Dalquist, Minnesota!! I really want to commend both for really paying attention and both being very attentive, it always make my job so much easier with naturally talented students. I will post additional photos from throughout the month of class and feel free to contact me for copies. We take the these photos so you can start advertising immediately after class and jump start your career!

[​IMG]

Again Congratulations and Best of Luck!

Randy Hamson
    Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy/North American School of Taxidermy
    320-749-2128
    www.stoneyhills.com

PS...Check out our website for Class and Workshop Schedules!

11. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

The following photos are of Jason and Michael working during our August 2009 class and some close-ups of finished mounts !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ;) Some students you just have to watch all the time!!! ::)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again and look forward to working with both of you in the future!!

Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy/North American School of Taxidermy
    Randy Hamson
    320-749-2128
    www.stoneyhills.com

12. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Update Information for Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy
    We have changed the name of our school to North American School of Taxidermy.We will continue to use Stoney Hills, but felt that the new name reflected what we are and have been doing over the past 20 years.
    If you have not looked at our website or it has been awhile, we have added 10 months of workshops throughout the year. The workshops are intended for new students to the more season taxidermists. We wanted to be able to offer shorter classes, with more flexibility. The workshops allow new students to learn taxidermy at a slower pace, new taxidermists the comfort of having the extra assistance on new or difficult mounts and still learn while completeing customer pieces! You can view our Workshop Calendar at: http://stoneyhills.com/calendar.html

Feel free to call or email me with any questions that you may have!

Again,

Best Regards
    Randy Hamson
    North American School of Taxidermy
    www.stoneyhills.com
    [​IMG]

13. steve clasemann

steve clasemann New Member

In April I attended Stoney Hills School of Taxidermy not knowing much about taxidermy in the beginning the crew at Stoney Hills walks you through from skinning to the out product, answering every question that you have. Everything is all hands on from 8:00- 4:30 and you keep busy the whole time. The experience that Randy Hamson has really shows in everything he does from his own products, to making sure when you walk out at the end of the day you have to know how to start and complete any animal that may come your way. I would highly recommend Stoney Hills Schools of Taxidermy to anyone that would like to get started in taxidermy from the begginer to those that just wanted a little bit more to sharpen there skills. In the end you will have the know how to open you own shop and start taking in bussiness.

Steve Clasemann Little Falls, MN

14. pcaudill

pcaudill New Member

Just wanted to take a minute to let prospective taxidermy students know that the key to successful training is attending a school where personalized attention is a high priority. That's why I would strongly encourage anyone seeking to be a taxidermist, give Randy Hamson at Stoney Hills Taxidermy a call. Randy and his staff are great about working individually with their students to ensure that each person understands each step they are doing and why they are doing it. Quality, detailed mounts are what will set you apart from the competition. I contacted many schools prior to attending the Stoney Hills training program and have had absolutely no regrets. Not only will you obtain a strong set of taxidermy skills, you will have an instructor who is willing to answer your questions and give advice after the training. The difference is in the detail!!!

Pat Caudill
    Big Creek Taxidermy
    Columbus, IN
    812-350-2851

15. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Congrats to our February 2010 class!! The following is a class photo of Tom Brower, Zack Karnes, Matt Wagner all of Minnesota and Gary Soupir of South Dakota.The photo below is of the finished projects that were completed during the 4 week class. I would like to take the opportunity to wish all of you the Best of Luck in the future and feel free to contact me with any questions that you will surely come upon.

[​IMG]

Best Regards

Randy Hamson
    North American School of Taxidermy/Stoney Hills
    320-749-2128
    www.stoneyhills.com

PS....I will post more close up photos in the next few weeks !

16. littlecrow_89

littlecrow_89 New Member

I recently completed the 4 week course with Randy at North American School of Taxidermy. It was an excellent learning experience, Randy and staff were very friendly and awesome teachers. I was taught small details that I don't see other taxidermists doing that have been in the industry for years. His facility and working environment were an excellent place to learn. I feel like Randy did everything he could to give us the best education possible. The student to teacher ratio made it possible to get your questions answered quickly and correctly. I would suggest this school to anyone thinking about going into the taxidermy business. Thanks again Randy and staff!!

Zach Karnes

17. gbsoupir

gbsoupir New Member

I just finished the four week course at the North American School of Taxidermy and would like to thank Randy Hamson and his staff for a great experience. I started the class with little to no experience and finished feeling confident and very satisfied with the results. While attending I received excellent one on one training and learned something new everyday. I felt like Randy and his staff really cared and ensured that I understood all the steps and that my questions were answered. The amount of detail and extra effort put into each of my mounts really shows the professionalism of the staff. The school offered a great atmosphere for fun learning by all. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in learning the art of taxidermy. I really enjoyed each and everyday there. Thanks again guys for all your help.

Gary Soupir

18. lammotz

lammotz New Member

I was recently in the 4 week course that Randy offers. His techniques and experence are 1 of a kind. Always ensuring the best possible for the peice your working on. There's always somebody there to answer your questions when you need. Giving you the understanding of everything you do. I was totally satisfied with the training I received at Stoney Hills Taxidermy that I would suggest to anyone looking to become a taxidermist to give Randy a call. Thanks again everyone at Stoney Hills taxidermy

19. Randy Hamson

Randy Hamson New Member

Thanks for all the great comments on the class! Its always rewarding to see the finished projects. I am a little slow on getting these photos on here, its been a very busy year.Hope all is going well for you guys and will continue to post photos over the next few weeks.
    Randy
    [I[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]