1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone willing to take on a 18 y/o girl apprentice in NY?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Rachael, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Rachael

Rachael New Member

:eek: Crazy! I know.

My name is Rachael, I'm located in NY, I'm passionate about wildlife and hunting, I'm currently pursuing my interest in Falconry and going to school full time for Zoology. I'm willing to dedicate myself 100% as an apprentice, if anyones willing to take me on.. so to speak! :p

Please email me at [email protected] or Facebook me! http://www.facebook.com/rachael.scholes

2. Rachael

Rachael New Member

Haha I can see this might be a hard group to get in! or a secret society..

3. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Most taxidermist wifes would have a problem with a young 18 year old lady working with there husbands.LOL

4. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Added you as a friend though.

5. Rachael

Rachael New Member

Haha, most taxidermist wifes probably sleep in a separate room anyways! :p

6. RICKP

RICKP Let'er Buck

Is that you, blonde given hugs with the pouty lip action going?????
    Yup,, wifes wont like that hangin' around the shop.

7. Rachael

Rachael New Member

Great! >:eek:

if it help I'd grow a 'stache and never shave again?! Just because I choose to take care of myself and appearance I shouldn't be punished for it.. danm women.

8. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Call Bill Yox in Brockport. He is professional and has kids your age. Your appearance won't mean squat. You'll be there to learn taxidermy right.

9. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

X2.
    And you should join your state association.

10. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

you should join the state association and also if possible join and attend the PA. state association they have a great show and excellent seminars. you are more than welcome to spend some time here this summer learning with my son and another gentleman my wife will also be present. WASCO sells great DVD's and Bill Yox would be a great choice! what part of NY there are some good people in the NY Association you can possibly network with.

11. RTF

RTF Active Member

Rachael, you still don't say where in NY your from. Going to college full time, your going to need a taxidermist who is close by. I would highly suggest following coonhollows advice. That might be a good starting point.

12. John L

John L Active Member

Make friends here and lots of us on facebook too. Buy some videos and join your state associaton as mentioned. Most taxidermist may not be able to take you on but are more than willing to help here and there or talk on the phone.

13. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

John and the others are right, our NY association is a pretty good bet...especially if they get around to announcing it... ::)

14. Rachael

Rachael New Member

Sorry! I'm from Oswego county.. I actually took this semester off from college so I have alot of free time. If anyone in NY is willing to take on an "apprentice" I can work it off? and I'm a very hard worker.

15. Rachael

Rachael New Member

Haha, oh well. I'll keep hunting, and 18 is legal! :p

16. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

And dangerous :D JK Good luck.

17. wayne70

wayne70 Member

I hired a young lady to help in my shop and she now does an excellant job.

18. jbgcmg

jbgcmg New Member

Rachael I am from Oswego County as well ( unfortunately a transplanted Yankee now) There is a wonderful lady Maggie Rathjie who owns and operates FishWish Taxidermy in Pulaski . She may be able to point you in the right direction or make some suggestions.
    Good luck !

19. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

I have a wife and kids and if she was in mn i would give her a chance ...... none of us would be here with out at least one chance ?

20. Rachael

Rachael New Member

Sorry I haven't replied in awhile, I've been busy getting things together for bringing my horse back home.

Bill, it's okay! I'll find someone else :] I won't push anything on anyone.

Thank-you! I'll get her number and talk to her, I actually grew up in good 'ol pulaski :p
    Why are you transplanted?