1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OK, I did a search but nothing came up for tanning a exotic ram.

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by whitebuffalo, Mar 17, 2007.

1. whitebuffalo

whitebuffalo Theres no graduation day in the outdoors

I have a four horned ram comming tomorrow and I have yet to tan one of them. I currently use Krowtan, Is this ok for the ram also.

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

I'm sure it'll work, though I don't use it.

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

If you have never mounted a 4 horn, leave a lot more skull attached . You will have to make extensive alterations to the form & probably need to use quite a bit of the actual skull in your alterations.

4. slh

slh New Member

I used Krowtan on a corsican & it came out fine

5. Ballinger

Ballinger New Member

It will work fine, I still do some in house tan's and never have a problem on goats .,ram's not alot of difference as far as the capes. You will want to put a deodorizer in your rinse they have a smell of there own.

6. Rittels sells a wool degreaser which strips the lanolin out of the wool. This helps in the cleaning process. It will comb a little easier. The bottle says to use prior to tanning. I believe the tan will work better if the lanolin is gone prior to tanning. I have also been told that simple green that you buy from home depot will pull out the lanolin also. I did a jacobs 2 horn that was just all mated up. This produt helped clean it up some.