1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Michael P and Antlerman job will done.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by whitetail94, Jan 31, 2011.

1. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

I got back earlier today from the tine repair class that Tim gave at Michael's place. I had a blast and learned alot, antler repair will be easier and it defiantly looks great. I forgot to take my camera so I have no pictures but it was a great class.

Michael P was a great host and is a blast to be around. Tim thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. It was great to meet everyone.

Thanks again Michael and Tim.

Michael L

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

no pictures. gees some on.

3. vvanhuss

vvanhuss New Member

It was an awesome class, Michael. It was nice to meet some new faces as well. I showed my customer the repair this morning and he didn't even recognize the rack at first, then he realized that it was his son's. Then he showed it around a bit and nobody could identify the repaired tine 8) I told him that I though he should pay his taxidermist some extra for making such a convincing repair!

Take care.
    Vicki

4. Thank you Tim for sharing your knowledge and for making the class fun. Michael you were a great host but it makes me tired just watching you.
    For real guys thanks a million.

5. richm

richm Only in Texas

I've mentioned before in another thread how GREAT!!! this class was. Tim is an excellent teacher and has more knowledge around antler repair than anyone I have ever met. Mike is a super host and learned just as much just watching him work around the shop. It was worth every penny and if Tim does another class, you should jump on board.

Do you want to see how amazing Tim is?
    Take a look at this:

Starting Rack:

Attached Files:

6. richm

richm Only in Texas

After Tim finished with them:

Attached Files:

7. richm

richm Only in Texas

JUST KIDDING :)

Here is what we ended up with:

Attached Files:

8. richm

richm Only in Texas

Before I get in trouble, these were a Dink set of horns laying around the shop, just for practice, didn't do this for a customer.

Thanks Again Tim.. Mike!!!

9. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

I had a blast guys! Glad to see some old friends and meet some new ones! Michael and Miranda, thanks for the hospitality. Tim, thanks for giving back, I really appreciate you coming down and teaching this class. Its a process that will definitly see some use at my shop. It was good to finally meet you!

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I really enjoyed having all of you!

11. Bobbym1232

Bobbym1232 New Member

Had a great time also! Good to meet new friends and learn new things! Tim is a great guy and a great teacher. Picked up a lot of helpful tricks. Thank you for sharing a few of your secrets with us. Anyone interested in learning tine repair should jump into his next class. Well worth it!

12. T Bare

T Bare Member

Tim, just wanted to say thanks again. My next days off will be practicing your techniques.
    I would recommend this class to all who need help on tine repair and coloring.
    Not sure who slipped Anthony something in his drink but he wont shut up!!! HAHHA.
    We both enjoyed the class and meeting all of ya, or ( ya all ). Looking foreward to the next one.
    Thanks for opening your shop up to us Michael and all the pointers. Tim

13. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Thanks guys. I truly enjoyed each and every one of you. I truly had a blast. I'm stuck in Texas until the weather breaks. No worries though, Michael's keeping me busy. Hopefully I can earn my room and board. It is nice to make friends out of what use to be forum personalities. The family continues to grow. YeHaw!! See, I'm turning Texan already. LOL

14. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

We need to get you up to PA Tim.

Hey Mike, while you have Tim there why not take him down to the court house. LOL

Or you could stop by the beauty shop and get him a hair cut.

15. KansasBuck

KansasBuck New Member

Are you planning one near the Kansas City area any time soon?

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Yes, I will be at Cindy Cunningham's shop in Kansas City in June. I will be posting that class very soon.