1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

very dissapointed in the classifieds on here!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by solocam79, Feb 2, 2011.

1. solocam79

solocam79 New Member

where do i start i have had several items for sale on here and have people say yes i will definately take it the check will be in the mail today or tomorrow only to wait for weeks with no payment. In the meantime while these people are pulling my chain i could have sold it to somebody who really wanted the item. Its funny cause i contact these individuals and they all have the same excuse. It must have got lost in the mail, or i have to go out of town ill send a deposit and pay the rest later what do ya know no deposit. My whole point is to people if you say you want the item buy it if you want to waste peoples time and setback there item being sold to somebody who really wants it find something else to do.

2. tracy

tracy coon dogs

i agree
    but that is also why paypal is good
    you get the $ right now
    i know some dont like it but it is a good way to get it sold now

3. solocam79

solocam79 New Member

yea that is true Tracy but to have this happen on four items is quite ridiculous

4. tem

tem Well-Known Member

keep the idem up for sell till the $ is in your hand.

5. DCon

DCon New Member

Pappal is quick. You get your money the day the item is sold, or you move on. Much easier on both parties.

6. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

You're not dealing with hotwheels are you? You're right though there are tire kickers everywhere on here and they cost each of us many lost sales. Lately there seems to be a flood of government assistance dreamers with nothing better to do than spin our wheels

7. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I don't have Paypal. I send money orders and have never had any problems with not following through on a deal. IMO by only dealing with people who have Paypal is a bad thing. I have bought stuff off people on here and have become a repeat customer. So you could be missing out on a lot of money.

8. bearrug48

bearrug48 Active Member

No matter where you sell or what you sell there are always going to be these type of people.
    Lots of talkers in this business.Lots of people are always going to do this or that ,but never follow through. If you change your mind about buying ,tell the Seller now instead of never sending the money.

9. solocam79

solocam79 New Member

no hotwheels here Patrick. lol im not trying to be a jerk or anything but i have sold thousands of dollars worth of bows and stuff on archery talk with never a problem then i get on here and you just get jerked all over the place

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I request the buyer to send me a photo of the money order receipt in order for me to hold the item while the money order is in transit. If no reply to that request, it will be sold to who ever sends paypal.

11. solocam79

solocam79 New Member

thats a good idea Mr.T

12. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Should I be wearing a blindfold and holding a newspaper? :D :D

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

And if I buy with a money order, I send a pic of the money order with their name on it, and the addressed envelope.
    I have even sent pictures to the buyer of the boxed item with their address on it before shipping, it reasures them that the deal is being followed through on.

14. Unfortunately that is one of the problems you have when you are dealing with animals. It is a favorite tactic not only here but on ebay for animal rites advocates to create a lot of havoc for sellers. PETA had that recomendation in a flyer a few years back as one of their tactics to frustrate sellers. I had that same problem on occasion a few years back. I now deal only with Pay Pal as a first choice and cashiers check next. I have never had a Pay Pal payment in ten years that went bad . I try to check their buying history best I can but sometimes it is not available with new buyers. It is what it is.

15. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

welcome to tax.net solocam.......this site is not much good for selling on...everyone wants it....hardly anyone ever comes thru with the cash........if you want quick guaranteed sales go to e-bay....many times I have offered stuff on here and wasted weeks with "tire kickers" as Patrick J calls them......only to list on e-bay and within 7-10 days item is sold and deposit made to pay-pal and trans to my bank...done deal

16. Tragopan

Tragopan Member

Yes,I found that out also. Posted the same items 2 different times, and had them sold pending payment, and never seeing
    the payment. If it can't get there in a weeks time, sell it elsewhere. Will go to Pay Pal more often also.

17. tracy

tracy coon dogs

18. Tmbrwlf52

Tmbrwlf52 Member

Most every item I have purchsed here I do with Money order but i also spend the extra few dollars and send it out USPS Priorty Letter. When doing so I get a tracking # and email to seller that day as proof of Money Order is on it's way.

19. I agree if you say u are gonna buy something then buy it. As for paypal I know some of you swear by them but I personally will never use them again because my business account was taken for just over 2000 dollars because of a security breach at paypal. It took 2 weeks to correct thhe problem. I use business checks to pay for my purchases. People need to just have some respect and pay for your product. This place is nothing like it used to be. I used to ship before payment of course that was around 1999 things have sure changed.

20. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

I haven't had many problems, ya need to do some checking and varifing on here. Ya can pick the "tire kickers" out then make your own list and don't waste your time over them and yes they are here and everywhere.