1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

tracks in artifical snow

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by MONSTER140, Mar 18, 2007.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I didn't figureyou'd have the guts to go offline.This isn't your site either and anything I "stick my nose in" remains MY BUSINESS. The post was never "ruined" as a dirth of advice was given to the questioner before he got the who rehouse reponsons of "Call me". And if it's such a "better way to interact", how does this forum remain the most popular venue the taxidermy industry every had? Laurier must be your boyfriend. Why don't you remember your own advice next time you want to talk with an adult. You wanna call me? (302) 242-0094. I can interreact with you.

2. Taxidermy Freak

Taxidermy Freak New Member

George, you said you'd rather be on here than on the phone, Laurier apparently would rather be on the phone. 2 different ways to help out, are you a big enough man to accept the fact that someone might do something different from you, and that it is OK? You crossed the line when you told him to stop asking folks to call him. Why would I call you? SO you could tell me in person what I already know.......that you a right, and that your opinion is the only one that matters. Won't waste my time.

Oh and the boyfriend comment was really necessary? That hurt..............

3. Taxidermy Freak

MK, then don't call Laurier, who cares. But shut the hell up if that is how he chooses to help out. That is my point, at least he is helping people out, and at least respect that and just don't call if you don't want to. I don't see him on here telling people not to post. Give him the same respect.

4. George

TF, you obviously don't have a clue about me or the kind of person I am. I don't ever say anything that I would think to be the ONLY way for everyone. But if you talk about "respect", then it's Laurier that needs to wake up to reality. This is a COMPUTER GENERATED LEARNING TOOL. If he wanst to use a freaking TELEGRAPH, it's fine with me, but then USE THE TELEGRAPH. If he can't use the computer to convey a method, then he shouldn't be using the computer to advertise his phone number. The idea of the forum is that it's a FORUM where different ideas are SHARED. Sharing them obviously sets you up for people questioning your method or supplying more up to dat information. What you seem incapable of understanding it that for some REASON, Laurier wants to avoid that scrutiny of others telling him he's FOS. Maybe Laurier's generosity is genuine and correct, but I recall a guy on here who recommended adding lye to Clorox to bleach skulls. A few of us recognized that such a method would release deadly clorine gas and possibly kill the taxidermists and his entire family. Regardless of how you feel about his generosity, it won't pass the scrutiy of people who know bullsh1t when they hear it. Just how do you explain how we constantly get questions from people who've "graduated" from taxidermy schools? This forum, whether you want to admit it or not, has cleaned an enormous amount of superfluous bullsh1t of "we've always done it that way" for our industry. If you don't want me or someone like me questioning the motives or the information of someone's post, just scroll past my entry. That's even simpler that a simple assed phone call to Canada.

5. Taxidermy Freak

Your way or the highway George, that won't surprise anyone. All your fans on here would see that if they ever happened to cross you or have their own opinion. Run everything through George first. Whatever, not like I have ever seen you consider anyone else's opinion, and I was on here back in the days of the old forum too buddy. I know more about you than you think Chief, and I just think you need to have a little more respect for other opinions and a little less attitude to those who don't think the way you do.

I am not saying this isn't a computer based learning tool. I just don't recall it saying anywhere "No phone numbers, outside e-mails, or PM's allowed". And if someone else's way of doing things is different than yours, leave them the hell alone, because other people besides me appreciate LAurier offering his time on the phone. Don't like it don't call, but don't try to tell him to stop, because some other people can use his advice to. Or should he have to take a competency test from you to get King George's approval.

Not like you are going to think about anyone else's opinion, you are like a Pit Bull who is mad, just bite in and hang on, be damned with anyone else's opinions.

6. George

I think I gave you my phone number. I personally don't care who you call or when you call them, but if you can't see the insult in all of us giving information and that jerk Laurier wanting to whisper sweet nothings in your ear, then that's a schmoozing match I don't need to be a part of. Neither do a lot of other people here and YOU seem to be the only one taking issue to the fact that it reeks of someone who's more likely to be guilty of what you accuse me of. Now get off your soap box. Call me to find out just who I am or shut the hell up. Those seem to be rather simply options. But that's my PERSONAL OPINION.

7. Taxidermy Freak

Now you ar calling him a jerk? You are the jerk. I bet you are a joy to live with George. Screw you, I am done with you, your mind is set, you have proven that one over and over. You always start throwing insults when someone disagrees with you. What an asshole!

8. What happend to the tracks in the snow ????????????

9. what is it with you people,,,,,,,,, the guy only asked about tracks in the snow.

10. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I don't see what the big fight is all about? Nothing wrong with posting instructions on here and sharing info, and I don't see anything wrong with saying "call me" for information. To each his own. I have actually called Laurier a while back and he gave me some good ideas......I didn't have a problem with this. Seems like we all should be able to share information the way we want without fighting. This type of thing is why I stopped talking in the Current Events area......too much stress.

11. Laurier

Laurier Active Member

OK George , now you've gone just to dam far this time , I keep telling you , I don;t have all day going back and forth with dam e-mails. I will give information to the person that I CHOOSE TO not you. You spend more time shooting you mouth off like the insults AGAIN AND AGAIN. I do not help direct competition , I have 35 years under my belt.

And I do know that dry preservatives will not stand up to tanning in extreme situations , That is the lazy way out.

But you do not see me shooting my mouth off at you about that , your opinion is your opinion, same as mine is

IT"S FU^& opinion , thats all , it's not the bible.
    I tan all my work , you send your tanning out , what the hell make you a dam expert at tanning.??????

If someone calls me and I don;t have the time I ask them to call at a later time. My time not yours.
    Can you understand this.
    Every time I posted anything about my tanning methods. You have to stick your big mouth in and start up shit, just like this AGAIN. So when someone that worked at several tanneries told you that they do not salt skins IN ALL THE TANNERIES THAT HE WORKED , you FINALY SHUT YOUR TRAP. ( thank GOD )

Your a very lonely man George and I feel sorry for you , I really enjoy life , you need to get rid of that chip on your shoulder.

MK enough is enough George is not really a God , but he does need to go to church and ask forgiveness
    or your going to be one even more miserable SOB.

Now George go away and grow up would you PLEASE.................

12. Laurier

Laurier Active Member

(302) 242-0094. George's cell number , come on George give us your LANE LINE , that is what I want.

13. George

Man, for someone who "doesn't have all damned day for emails" or to type out instructions to the benefit of all forum members, it sure seems you have a lot of time to research and by your confidants own admission, will "talk for hours". I don't send all my tanning out for you information and anyone I send it to surely doesn't use a damned sorry alum tan to finish with. I DP small game because it has stood the test of time by me and thousands of other practicing taxidermists. Bird guys swear by it. You're just one big phoney in my book. You either help everyone or you help no one. This pick and choose mentality or lack thereof, is just what I spoke of in the era of the 50's and 60's and it's that way of thinking that I detest because it kept taxidermy from growing exponentially at a time it might have become a frontline professional business. Instead, it went underground, where people like you keep it today, and it leads beginners to early failures that often discourage them from continuing. I'm no god and never pretended to be one, but I did swear to myself that if I was ever given the opportunity to help ANYONE at ANYTIME, I'd take the time to do it to the best of my ability. I also decided that whenever I encounter people like you who want to keep those silly assed,non-existent secrets that I'd expose them. Nothing you've done or said has changed my mind about who you are or your character. Just like this website, EVERYONE can pick and choose who they want to listen to and what they want to try, but you insist on extorting people by only sharing with those who would "call" you. What the hell did you do before they invented the telephone?

I have a computer in my shop, and as I type this, a deer hide is tanning and a wood duck is tumbling in corncob grit. When each is done, I'll work them and when I decide to take a break, I come back over to the computer. That's MY CHOICE as I don't really have that much of a social life because after 30 years of military and social hoity toity, I'm just not interested in that side of society. (I'm damned sure not "lonely" by any stretch) I'm here from about 8 in the morning until 9 or 10 every night, but I ELECT to do whatever I want to do with taxidermy and BS with guys who stop by. After almost 50 years, I don't figure I need to justify what I do and when I do it as long as my customers contracts are fulfilled. I ALWAYS have time to help ANYONE who contacts me by email, by LAND LINE, or by the cell phone number you just graciously supplied them. (I gave them the cell phone because my "LANE LINE" (sic) is often tied up with some damned telemarketer. My LAND line is (302) 697-9606. (And since it seem so important to you that I be completely exposed, my address it 359 Cypress Branch Road, Magnolia, Delaware, 19962 - though many people have all that information from the NTA Outlook magazine already.) And BTW Laurier, I have caller ID on my phones, so I can pick and choose who the answering machine gets and who I talk to.

And as our cops down here say after they've given you a ticket: "Have a nice day!"

14. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I think it is rather silly that a guy comes on here to help and gets blasted. MK, George, sorry he bothers you, I have actually used him and he helped me out. This site is a way to network as well, and it makes no sense to me that anyone would get angry at someone's attempts to help out. Man, give the guy a frickin' break. This is the kind of crap that makes this site less enjoyable.

15. George

Well, I suppose it's nice that he helped YOU, but he chose not to help others which is what this site was created for. He also uses this site to promote his own agenda of selective teaching others, and I'm not going to change my mind about a person who'd play a game like that. And this isn't my first time at attacking his method. I've always thought it was bush league and that's not going to change either. If my voicing that opinion makes you enjoy the site less, imagine what those Laurier has selectively ignored feel like. No one should have to pay for the information we give away here, even it that's only a phone call. Ken Edwards has invested a fortune to help everyone and one person wants to make someone call him to provide that service. It's a despicable insult to all of us who aren't in his circle of friends calling system.

16. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I didn't realize he said only certain people could call? Oh wait, he didn't. Well we all have our opinions. I don't see the harm in it, and I don't see why everyone is so worked up. I don't see the difference in calling or sending an e-mail or PM. I do that all the time. I have sent PM's to lots of people. I don't feel like that is being part of an exclusive club. But that is all for my 2 cents worth. Not like anyone is going to change their opinion anyway.

17. Laurier

Laurier Active Member

George you need to get your head checked , this post is from MARCH grow the hell up you big baby. I sent the last e-mail at 12:50 am smart ass , and here it is again 12:03 , and my tanning ( ALUM ) ONLY IN THE PICKELING dummy
    I use EZ- 100 or LUTAN F

And when I get a call and I am to busy , I ask the person to call later or I will even call later.
    I will say this one last time , so open your eyes and read the words and comprehend what it means.

I do not have all day , nor do I have a computer in my shop ,to e-mail back and forth , back and forth , one more question , one more ,
    SO CALL I EXPLAIN , ANY QUESTIONS , and it's all done.
    If you don't see that that is easier to do , then that is your dam problem , not mine.
    I do work from all over the world , and I don't have time to type for hour with to fingers , maybe if I could type 100 words per minute , or sometime like that ( THIS MEANS I DID NOT TAKE TYPING IN SCHOOL )

So as I said so many time ( need help call me ) and yes it is up to me if I want to chair my information or not , you pull that shit all them time , ( Orange button archives ) and they still can't find it.
    So why don't you explain it , No George your just one miserable SOB
    So now listen very carefully , do not ever mention my name on here or any place ever again ,you spent more time creating shit then doing anything , constructive.

NOW FOR THE LAST TIME BACK THE F#$# OFF and I mean it.

18. Aghhh so thats how you make deep tracks in the snow! well now ya know thanks guys! Thanks for all your help ::)

19. Mike108

Mike108 Guest

Here it goes....

20. Bagger99

Bagger99 New Member

Repeat, what happen to the tracks in the snow? I realize there are egos, but why do not you take it off line so we can get back to the main topic.