1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

tracks in artifical snow

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by MONSTER140, Mar 18, 2007.

1. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Well Bagger99 read the last post date. It was 6 days ago since the last post......it was off line. Now it is back to the top. And God knows it will probably go forever again.

2. Laurier

Laurier Active Member

wax to deers foot , place it , poor foam around it, let dry , remove foot , and you have a foot print., still not sure call me.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Obviously I don't NEED a call, but if you'd like, you know how to reach me. I've taken different size feet and mounted them on the thermometer form from Van Dykes, With these feet, you can "walk" anywhere you'd like on the white styrofoam you buy in hobby stores. I paint the base with white acrylic house and trim paint, glue the sheets together with clear clue, Surfoam them to shape and then "walk" on them with my deer feet, Then I spray with clear glue and sprinkle WASCO artifical snow over them. For deeper and fluffier snow, I simply cut holes in white polyester pillow fill, glue it down with clear spray glue and sprinkle with WASCO snow. IF you insist on detail in the fluffy snow, push your hoof down through the hole to again "walk" on the styrofoam below. The good thing about this method is that you can "rock" the foot to give a realistic appearance of the foot moving forward as it comes out of the snow.

For "mud" and deer tracks, try this one. When you mix your foam, add about 25% volume of either black or burnt umber lacquer paint. The foam will be slowed CONSIDERABLY,and will rise only about 1/2 of what it would have. Still, it cures "wet" looking and is extremely soft and pliable for a couple days. With the dried feet, you can make all the tracks you'd like.